2nd Brownout Night at Cagayan De Oro

I (accidentally) slept too well after lunch on arrival from Malaybalay’s Kaamulan Festival. You already know what I did last night, right?! The aging body needed more sleep – even if I actually did not want to! The plan was, I would just rest after lunch to let the noon sun slant a little, and at mid-afternoon do some walking (again) but this time to other parts of the city.

Ay sus entawon! When I woke up there was no more Mr. Sun, and it was already hello darkness my old friend haha! But I did not take offense at the drowsy desires of the flesh winning over my dire rave to roam whaahehehe! So okay, I still walked around, if only to see which parts of the city were without electricity this time. My neighborhood had!

While I did not see many things worth capturing with the lowly camera in pitch darkness, I still snapped on an irresistible few like this one…
Nice ‘noh? Even nicer to look at during the night than what I had yesterday afternoon.

Hey, back at my ‘neighborhood’ (with lights on, as said above hehe), I would have gone back for a second dinner (this time with real electrical lights) at Inilog Grill. But that corner beckoned. Yeah, Chicken Inasal Bacolod Style! Abaw ah, aber aber aber…, i-try kung namit gid hehe. So, I went for it!

Hmm, this place had local dailies available – as I waited for my food. Yea!
Oops, this one is not a daily. It’s a weekender, but fresh anyway. This weekends issue!

Well, am not sure if this paper is reputable here-arounds. Try reading the titles!

Then again, maybe they don’t have editors – probably just writing and publishing pronto, just like I do! Whohooa! Welcome to the club whhaahahahaha!


Nice cozy place by the way. It has got the look and feel of a combined Mang Inasal and Jo’s Chicken Inato. Even a bit more swanky homey, I think.

The menu too has that familiar look and feel, as if I've seen this many times!

How did their chicken taste? I don’t know (yet)! Maybe I'll try it next time. All I can tell is now is that I loved this grilled tanguigue.
My roaming around has already taught me how to tell real fresh from frozen fresh or 2-days-ago (or more) fresh! Well, lucky me, this was a weekend. Older stock were probably already wiped out during lunch. But with these daily brownouts, I doubt if this reputable-looking joint would keep stocks to last more than 3 days, right? Or I was really lucky! Ah basta, this fish tasted really fresh delicious, I was even tempted to go for another order but the wallet shouted in defiance. So I desisted haha!


Familiarity breeds…. addiction! ‘Wanna guess where I went next?! Oh yeah, just like last night (except for Lexi’s)!


Inilog Grill



and

The Star Entertainment, Inc.


Whacky enough night! Let’s sleep now and go Camiguin tomorrow!


To read the chronology of stories on this trip, click the following article numbers:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Post a Comment

0 Comments