Camiguin Afternoon Run, Final Leg To Mambajao

After the Sto. Nino Cold Spring in Catarman, we moved onwards north to reach the western side of Mambajao. Well, that supposedly completes my 'circumnavigation' of the Island Born of Fire! But I am not done just quite yet. There were more views and another place I revisited! Let's see...

Out of Catarman approaching Mambajao


Just looking at the stairs, I said NO, not this time!
After all the driving around, the body was not anymore willing to climb! Besides, I worried about leaving our two motorbikes on that side of the road. Yep, the metro manilan in my brain prevailed hehe - where would a bike thief bring his loot on this little island anyway, right? Uh, one of the ugly things we acquire by living in the metropolis, something I call "institutionalized distrust"! That means anybody you see is a thief, unless proven otherwise. Just my definition you don't have to subscribe to!

Anyway, that there, is what they call a "walkway to the old volcano and stations of the cross". There are life-sized statues all over the place depicting the "via crucis". And it being a mountain (volcano, no less) there are good views from up there.

Here's one cute trivia: I have been wondering why people (local or otherwise) call it "Old Volcano". That is Mt. Vulcan, the youngest of the volcanoes on this island! O ha?!

Anyway again, I was not worried at missing fantastic views. I already knew and know, that just along the highway are very good vistas already. And here's one of them...
Yeah, that light-house-looking thing in the middle of the sea is that big cross they've erected at the sunken cemetery. Hmm, I remember our tour of many years ago, that cross was already a cross, though just a tiny thing on a mound. And we all said no at the idea of snorkeling in the area. Maybe we had too much of horror movies then haha!

Let us move on...


This here told me we were entering Mambajao...


Plus more views...


And, I planned for this pitstop! Yep, the biggest word you can read on this pic...
Just to see the place once again... just for the memory, the nostalgia…


But let's do that next!


To read the chronology of stories on this trip, click the following article numbers:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 32 33
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Post a Comment

0 Comments