Hotel Roma, Tuguegarao

frontal view from the street, Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
I stayed here just overnight, on arrival from Manila yesterday until departure to Sta. Ana that is happening in a few more minutes (I am waiting for check-out as I write this)!

Hotel Roma is purportedly one of the mainstays in Tuguegarao when it comes to accommodations. I learned from a friend in fact, that this is one of the oldest and still standing! That made me hesitate a bit. But knowing its location, and the length of my stay (less than 24 hours), I thought Hotel Roma was it.

Free shuttle from the airport. Oh wow!
free airport limousine of Hotel Roma Tuguegarao Cagayan
In the blistering heat of the hottest place in the Philippines during summer, this free, clean and comfy shuttle is really convenient. It is a "reconditioned" vehicle from the (in)famous Sta. Ana freeport, but wonderful enough!

My room? Manipis hehe
room features of Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
A little bit more than isang dipa ang lapad! Look at the small TV, its by the wall beside the door! But good enough for an overnite stay. I asked for a single bed, ayan single nga. Clean and comfy. especially the bathroom.

Food? Fairly fine for me. I ordered just the basics. Like yesterday, on arrival, I had lunch at Michelle's restaurant on the 2nd floor. Of course, a natural magnet, I ordered their Tuguegarao Longganisa. Was it good? Ah, I will not be a very good judge on this. Why? Because, when any longganisa is made with, full of and overflows with garlic... that is heaven sent for me. And theirs was exactly it.
Cagayan Longganisa at Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
Oh hey, since I arrived at a little past noon, I got to sit down and order lunch at 2:58PM. Michelle's still had a lot of people - probably folks over-enjoying their lunch companions, or probably too, people who were already into their afternoon break. But, mind you, my Tuguegarao Longganisa arrived at my table exactly 3:08PM. Exactly 10 minutes! Admirable!

The only other meal I had at this hotel was breakfast kanina...
breakfast set at Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
I was less 'creative' this morning so I settled with corned beef. Good syempre hehe. I ordered that at 7:34AM, and it was on my table at 7:47AM - 13 minutes, not bad.

The public areas look good and functional.
lobby lounge area of Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
I hear this has been newly renovated. They better be, especially that this hotel is a favorite party and function venue among locals pala!

But hands down, this was the winner that caught my attention at the 5th floor...
elevator and stairs at Hotel Roma in Tuguegarao Cagayan
Palaisipan di ba? Okay, red arrow points to the lift (yes the elevator). Blue arrow points to the wide clean and art-decorated stairs - hmm, stairs nga lang ba yan, or a gallery or museum? Maaliwalas at malinis eh. Not your usual "fire exit", right?

Now the green arrow... where does it lead to? Bakit naka-rehas? Black and gold ornate grills pa! Where is it going? Up? Down? Straight ahead?! What lies ahead and beyond?! Enter at your own risk? Or is that the gate to eternal bliss? Itim eh. Duuu! Standing there will make you feel like you are in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "Tomb Raiders" hehehe!

Oh the Staff? Very friendly!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments