Sta. Ana. Cagayan: Car Expo

I was still busy looking (watching out) for resorts and hotels as we drove away from Sta. Ana when I noticed that not hotels, but old ugly vehicles were the common view.

As we passed by that plethora of cars in one compound, I said "ang dami naman nyan". My driver said "car expo sir, mura ang sasakyan dyan, ito (referring to the van we were riding on) galing ito dyan. I did not respond but in my mind I was saying "obvious ba?"!
a junk yard called Sta. Ana Car Expo
What you see in this photo is just a very minute part of that sea of junk vehicles. This compound is about 500 meters long parallel to the highway, and about the same measure of depth going way back there.

I have known about this for some time now... that the Subic used-vehicle business has been a losing venture because of this 'competition' in Sta Ana's economic zone. Whatever that is, I do not like them all. Why the hell are we importing junk vehicles from other countries? Oo pera sa basura, but then, naman, why do we thrive on trash or left-overs? Isn't there a better way?

Going straight is to Tuguegarao, and turning right here is going to Port Irene...
intersection of national highway going to Port Irene
Yes Port Irene, that famous (or infamous) place where ships dock, bringing those junk vehicles to our dear inang bayan. Mind you, there are allegations that, luxury cars (ewan ko if also used or brand new) are also being spirited into this country via that port.

I don't know...
Maybe I have yet to read a very compelling document, or hear someone tell me directly, that importing those junks really actually alleviates the economy of this country in general, or directly improves the lives of people in Cagayan, in particular.

Ah, maybe the proponents - the government (in general) and the officials (in particular) hehehe, baka sila ang kumita or kumikita! Maybe their pockets are being alleviated by this venture, not of the general populace hahaha!

Eh, from what I see, Cagayan is doing well because of farming rice, not because of importing junk or harboring Chinese gamblers! Weh, let's drop that topic, bahala sila!

On this travel from Sta. Ana to Tuguegarao, it looked like I started enjoying the trip once I was out of the economic zone. Why? Because, of the new things I saw while traveling, all I had in my mind were questions about viability of things they have (in the ecozone), integrity (of whoever entered into those ventures), and so on, and on, and on, ganun!

Let's better talk about the things I liked along the way! And that is my next story!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments