Final Night Tuguegarao

Oh what a final night haha!. After shower at Hotel Joselina, I excitedly went down to look for dinner. But it started to rain heavily. I even inched my way out to where Red Ribbon is, with a good view of Jollibee, McDo, Greenwich, Chow King etc. Not nice. That kind of rain would make you drench wet. I retreated back to the hotel.

Not a very long while after, a hotel staff told me it was not raining anymore. So out I went again! Not raining but wet pavement so careful when walking.

Still I walked..,
But for whatever reason I found myself back and inside this Oppa Korean Restobar.

This one looked nice and smelled nice. But I was wondering ba't walang tao...
I ordered food anyway. My final dinner in the province of Cagayan, whatever that will be!

Hm, Korean-style nga(I think), but not the Korean way...
Mapag-kunwari ang restorang ito! PinoyChinese ingredients ang gamit at pinagpipilitan maging Korean hahaha! Kaya walang tao eh! Unsatisfied...

I walked around looking for a place with a live band/singer. And not far from my hotel, I stumbled upon Dingkoy's. It's a simple drinking place with regular singers interspersed with "croakers" hehehe - yeah "audience participation"! I like it here. Simple and cool. The place is not high-end, though it does not also seem to be a tambayan of "basaguleros". Just cool old country and standard music.

When the singer's set ended though, it felt awkward being in this place alone, and drinking. Para akong sawimpalad, naglalasing, looking at nothing but the floor or ceiling. Alangan namang tingnan ko yung ibang tables, baka mapa-away pa ako haha! So I decided to call it a night. Oops, I didn't have any photo at Dingkoy's, but I do have a video clip. I'll try posting it here soon.

I went walking to Holiday Plaza Hotel, good it was not raining any longer!
Yeah, I passed by my Hotel Joselina. Dinaan-daanan lang hehehe. That's one advantage in this area. Night places are a walk away!

I came here because I learned there is nightly live music in there. Meron nga!
Le Cafe De Vie is at ground level of Holiday Plaza Hotel. Near the front desk actually.

Oh my galilee... no one but mee! Where are the people on a Sabado night?
Okay, I did drink my beer (from the bottle) while listening to that singer. But after two gulps, I went out to their outside tables where I could also smoke. How come?

How come ka dyan eh ako lang ang customer, natural sa akin lang nakatingin yung singer. Saan pa ako titingin eh di sa kanya rin! Nagmukha akong me pagnanasa sa singer na yun. That is why I went to the outside tables!

Where were the people at 10PM of a Saturday? Was I too early? Probably! Even at the outside tables, I was alone, drinking my beer and listening to the singer (yep they have speakers outside). Well, occasionally there would be one or two guests of the hotel who would come down here to smoke, then go back up to their rooms. No one was here to listen to the singers?

And by the way, when the singers are done with their set, when they're not singing, the place becomes such a lively colorful dance area with upbeat thumping dance music. But where are the people?! After an hour, ako pa rin ang tao. Walang iba!

Well, minutes before midnight, a group of some 5 or 6 yuppies swung by. They all seemed to have come from a party or some gathering. They could have been what started the Saturday night at Le Cafe De Vie to become alive. But,  it was "minutes before midnight" - my Cinderella time. GTG!

And I walked back to Hotel Joselina to hit the sack.
For tomorrow is another day... (of traveling... as am going to Cauayan)!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments