Lady of the Pillar Church, Cauayan Isabela

I was standing outside The Hotel Andrea, taking advantage that it was not drizzling anymore. Not far, at a corner, I could see what looked to be like the city's parish church.
entrance gate from the national highway, our lady of the pillar church, cauayan city isabela
I confirmed with front desk staff, yes it indeed is, so I walked for a peek. Not that I know or previously knew anything about this church. But I just imagined, Cauayan being an old town, its church must be interestingly as old too! And indeed I learned so.

The predecessor of this church was originally built in the 1820s
external view of our lady of the pillar church, cauayan city isabela


A 1949 earthquake crumbled the old bell tower... only the base remains...
remains of the old bell tower our lady of the pillar church, cauayan city isabela


The church floor is elevated from the road via this rampway and landing..,
interior view of our lady of the pillar church, cauayan city isabela
Then it slowly descends down to the altar...

Nice stained glass murals behind the altar...
altar of our lady of the pillar church, cauayan city isabela
That painting... is that Mama Mary being crowned? Was she crowned in real life? when where as what by whom? Sorry I haven't come across that topic yet.

That easily, near my hotel, I saw something and learned something wonderful!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments