Sta. Ana, Cagayan: Arrival and Late Lunch

Dumating din, FINALLY!

I easily knew we were already in the town of Sta. Ana by reading store signages along the way. Driver stopped at a corner and told me this is where I take a trike to Country Inn Hotel. So, I got off and hopped on a waiting tricycle (Ilocos style). It was not far. I observed the trike just veered left from the national highway and turned right at a street parallel to the beach. Then there was Country Inn By The Sea. Yep, that's the full name. I am here now, writing this story!

When I arrived at this hotel some minutes before 2PM, I guess I did not have any more smile muscles in my face. I did not even acknowledge the hotel staff that welcomed me at their entrance door as I went straight to the front desk, as if going to war. They are telling me that right now hahaha! Masungit na hapon daw ang dumating hehehe

And I now recall, all I said at front desk was "May I check-in later? Could you please let me eat first? Where's your restaurant? May I see your menu? I am veeery hungry"! Please give me a bottle of Coke 8 ounce". Exactly those questions in rapid succession!

Ah the menu seemed too long a book for me to read, nagdidilim na paningin ko, so I asked the waitress what would be the fastest fare they can bring to my table. She said grilled fish, so I said 'bring it on fast', and it came after about 40 minutes! I should have said "fried" instead of "grilled". No worries though, the bottle of Coke, some yosi, the nice breeze and my curiosity about the place and surroundings seemed to have calmed me.
This is that lunch described above. Note: that Coke was my second bottle lang naman :D

leche flan at Country Inn By The Sea, Sta. Ana Cagayan
Ooops! I did not tell you I also ordered this, right?! Ah, I was sugar deprived during that OMG van ride. But I did not expect it to be this BIG a leche flan! It was a challenge, pero syempre, I stood up (aw, sat down) to it. Ako pa?! Sayang ang binayaran. Inubos ko yan hehe (pssst, don't tell my doctors)!
Oh, do you see those two 'sea urchin-like' things? No, they're not part of the plate's design. They are the "garnish" on this presentation of an otherwise simple plate of leche flan. They're made of chocolate something liquid. Syempre, fininger, sinalat at sinaid ko lahat yan! Malinamnam! Nakakabaliw ang sarrraaap!

As if trying to drown the van ride experience 'no?!

Anyway, all that is already a distant past! I am now settled, in lethargic mode and mood.., being caressed by the 'just enough warmth' of a cool afternoon sea breeze.., alone in a comfily appointed azotea that has three tables, one of them being my dining cum blogging table.., with Marlboro Lights and my 3rd bottle of coke.., some birds are singing.., there are no crowds.., I think I can snooze here and now..,

Pero teka, I see cottages up front by the water's edge. Crews are cleaning up. Guests are gone... Mapuntahan nga...

Oh so this is an even better place to be... to do nothing...
Hmm, Okay, repeat the drama...
I am now settled, in lethargic mode and mood.., being caressed by the 'just enough warmth' of a cool afternoon sea breeze.., alone in a comfily appointed cottage that has many tables, one of them being my dining cum blogging table.., with Marlboro Lights and my 3rd bottle of coke.., some birds are singing.., there are no people other than the wait staff.., I think I can snooze here and now...

Ahh.... vacazieeen!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments