Cagayan Provincial Capitol

As said in my previous post, while standing in front of the old provincial jail, I wondered where might the Cagayan provincial capitol and even the city hall of Tuguegarao be.

Technique: I hailed a tricycle to ask where those are, and also ask if he could bring me there! Driver said both are near each other but far from the city, about 8 kilometers. Hmm, malayo nga! He asked which one should we visit first, I said capitol.

Along the way, I asked him questions as to what else can be seen there. He smilingly said there is nothing in that area but government offices - and he started naming them. He did say that there is the provincial museum just outside and in front of the capitol.

Alas dimalas, we reached the capitol grounds at 5:03PM, and being the day before a long weekend (tomorrow is Holy Thursday), government offices went on half-day today. They all closed at noon! So, no museum for me today :(
perspective view of Cagayan Provincial Capitol
Well, anyway... I still got a good peek at the capitol, lighted by a setting sun...

After that photo, driver asked "where to". I said just bring me to Hotel Roma. I was late this time. It was already sun down. No use proceeding anywhere in this vast compound.

I think the trike driver felt my predicament. Going back to cuty proper, he instead passed along those places where we could see a running view of the many government offices in the area. Golly, almost all of them are here!

I just contented myself with reading the directional signs as to where is this or that... a medical center, the city hall perched on a hill, BIR, DPWH, Bureau of the Treasury, BFAR, DENR, EMB, DOST, NHA, Pag-ibig Fund, DAR, DA, GSIS, DILG, BSP, CHED, DepEd, NEDA, DSWD, etc, etc

It's a government center.  Just like Palo in Leyte. Anyway, I'll visit back soon. Promise!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
41   42   43   44  Forty four stories just 4U!
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments