Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos

I did not know the coastal area from Malitbog to Padre Burgos teems with many beach resorts big and small. All the more that I did not know Sogod Bay Scuba Resort ever existed. I was just fortunate (only this time?!) that a contact I wanted to talk with preferred we meet at this resort. Of course I immediately said yes wherever this may be!

As said in my previous story, we missed this place as I was busier looking at awesome views. But we were not that far astray yet, and eventually able to come back and find it!

As with many others, this resort sits by the side of the highway where their entrance is. Interestingly, parking is also just by the very side of the highway! Well, being a dive resort, their clientele (I suppose) are people from far away places who come commuting via whatever means of public transport, than driving. So, who needs a parking area hehe!
road view of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
That is it, in the blue circle! I took this shot as we were already coming back to find it - meaning we were facing the way to Malitbog, and Padre Burgos proper is to my back...

Now I see why this place was/is easy to miss...
close-up road view of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
The letters are too small for someone driving at national highway speeds on a relatively desolate coast! It is a big signboard yes, unfortunately they wrote a ton of information on it - as if it were a whole page on a website! But drivers are driving, not web surfing!

Not to mention that they have a longer than usual resort name, that starts with "Sogod" which is the name of a town, 3 towns away and about 50kms before this place. Thus, the few milliseconds your car passes by that "big signage but small letters", it's a miss hehe!

Ah, do you see the red arrow I drew on that picture above? That's the way in! Otherwise,
no entry signages at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Elsewhere you look near and around that "big board", these are warnings you will see!

With the all the hit and miss mess of a maze, I was close to being pissed...

small entrance gate at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
smiling welcoming staff at the door of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
But what else can do when you enter a chic little place with staff that are friendly  and always smiling?

Just revel-in, enjoy the place and be merry as do everyone else is, right? Chill & chillax!

I immediately started to look around. Oh my oh my, what a lovely homely place this is! Unexpectedly lovely!


Hands down (and hand up!), this patio-like place here, is/was what I liked best...
patio with magnificent view of the sea at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Nice unobstructed view of the deep blue sea (Sogod Bay) out front (right side of photo). No worries about that curtain-like sun screen. It's 'tanggalable'! You just pull the strings to raise or lower it - like your normal blinds at home or in the office! A superb hangout!

Here is a view from the other end of the same terrace...
patio with a magnificent view of the sea at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
They do have a name for this area of the house, but I forgot that one. Sorry na, tao lang!

If you noticed, this end has dining tables (aside from those inside), while that far end where the waitresses are serving our snacks (previous pic above too) have coffee tables.

Wait... did I just say dining tables inside? Well they have a few. Just two to be exact...
dining area of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
And as if I did not know the obvious, I still asked why only two tables in here. And the reply.., virtually no one wants to eat in this area! Yeah, obvious ba?! With the fantastic view of the sea outside, why would I stay in here and miss all the handsome panorama?!

Even if it rains ('wag lang bagyo, naman) I would still opt the outside area thanks to this
wonderful view of the horizon and the sea from the dining area of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Do you recognize what that is? Yep, the retractable blinds I mentioned above - which can be raised or lowered to any level! For this shot, I could still see the horizon and the sea!

Actually, if you were meticulously observant, I took that pic of the blinds from inside where I stood to take the dining room photo above hehe! Yes, I just turned! So it's okay if you choose to stay at those inside tables - esp for those who have "scientific noses" haha!

Besides, if you were inside that dining area, you'd be near everything, like this...
mini kitchen of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
This is where they whip up quickie stuff like sandwiches, juices, coffee or Coke of course! But this is not even their real kitchen for concocting delectable entrees from the menu!

Menu? Did I say Menu? Ah, here is theirs...
food nd services menu of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
The left side is front page - the real menu of eatables, right side is back page with resort infos etc. At center is just a zoomed portion of the front page for better readability hehe!

Now now... if you really are the indoor type of person, they even have this...
mini-library of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
A reading nook, or a mini-library if you like. I did not touch any book. Don't English me!

Let's go elsewhere in this resort...

I saw a staff on the way to some rooms. I asked if I can go take a peep. She said yes!
garden with paved pathways to some of the rooms at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
A nice garden path going to some of the rooms.

Here are some views inside one of the rooms...
view from the garden of one room at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte

two beds and other amenities of a room at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte

small flat screen TV, a mini refrigerator and framed pictures on the wall of a room at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte

And this is a view of the next room's door...
door of the next room's terrace viewed from an adjoining room at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Notice the big and wide space between the two rooms.

The other rooms do have their own dedicated pathway...
another paved garden path leading to other rooms at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
And lounge chairs outside each room. I wish there would be cushions or foams hehe
front view of another room at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte



Down on the beach are more for your ultimate relaxation...
view of the beach and the sea at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Those purple colored things are their sunning beds. Oh ha?! Talagang bed, and in royal colors! There's also that boat if you want to row around. And there are tables out here too, if you would rather enjoy your food and/or drinks out in the open!

Just a few more years, these Talisay trees will grow to offer wonderful shades...
young trees line the beach with a dining table at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Notice Mr. Waiter on the right edge of the photo? I asked what he was doing and he very casually said "preparing the table". Next time I looked, he already transferred our snacks and drinks, my yosi lighter and everything, from that patio above, to this place! Wow! The real 'extra mile'. No one asked him to do that. Just sincere care from his heart. Touching!

From where I stood on the beach, I looked to the left and this was my view...
view of the beach and the sea to the left of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
The sand is finer down at the water's edge, the water so inviting, the place so serene...

Still standing on the same spot, I looked to the right, and this was my view...
view of the beach and the sea to the right of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
What a peaceful place on earth... That little island far in the distance is Limasawa Island.

Still down at the beach, I look a little bit to my back and up, to see this...
view from the sea and the beach of the main house of Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte
Beautiful building, cozy and not crowded (only a few rooms). A lovely piece of paradise?

But we needed to move onwards... argh! There's no telling... I could be back y'know..!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments