La Paz Leyte Municipal Hall

My first time to visit, but as with the previous towns, I am sure I'll keep coming back! I entered La Paz from Burauen via a surprisingly good provincial road about 13kms or so.

old building under construction, Municipal Hall, La Paz, Leyte
This was first that I went to see... the Municipal Hall. How sad, I do not even know how it looked like before being ruined by Yolanda. Now I will just wonder how it looked like.

From the looks of it, we'll have to wait a long time to see what this will become...
La Paz Leyte Municipal Hall construction in progress
Yep, it's this building on the right. I guess they'll first have to flatten this. It looks rather really old and rotten anyway. But that new structure further ahead (also at right) seems to be the center of activity now. That is most probably their 'replacement' munisipyo?!

It's this one... see, there's their town logo up there. So this is their municipal hall now...
new building, La Paz, Leyte Municipal Hall
This looks rather small, right? But they're building other structures all around the place.

Done with my quick meeting at La Paz, I saw this upon exit from the municipal hall...
Fronting the 'old' municipal hall building is a little park with this cute pond (mosquito breeding ground hehe), a lot of flagpoles, and it is not Jose Rizal standing tall in the middle! It's a woman dressed in a terno. Hmm, si madam?! Next time I'll check on this.

Oh, while on that quick meeting, even if out of topic, I dared ask what sorts of touristic things would La Paz have, if any. Surprisingly, the very first word I heard was Mahagnao!

To which I readily replied with "eh di ba sa Burauen yun"?

So they explained to me, that, Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park, all of 1,500++ acres of it, declared as such in 1937 by the national government, actually spreads over the towns of Burauen, La Paz and Mac Arthur. It is that expansive, thus many things to see and do!

Da! I said I'll be back at these towns, but I was actually more of eyeing just Burauen for the nature things. I haven't even heard about "Kalabato", and cold or hot springs. Wow!

Okay, added to the bucket list. Hmmm, I wonder when...

Anyway, I told my driver "let's circle around their municipal hall area" as I was curious about the simultaneous building repairs and constructions. Yes, altogether, durungan!

This one, standing at the corner is fairly done... their Rural Health Unit (RHU)...
Rural Health Unit (RHU) of La Paz, Leyte
And what a color, right?! Well, they must have a reason for that. Walang basagan ng trip!

We turned right at the corner, so this is the back portion of their RHU...
I got busy looking at it I forgot to take a better picture hehe. Dalawa ambulance. Sosyal!

Oh, the "under construction" building to the left is part of this municipal hall compound. It's big! And I think it is two floors. Maybe for the municipal council (Sanggunian Bayan).

And then we turned right again. Guess what I saw...? Okay, let's make that the next topic!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments