Hinundayan Church

The San Jose (St. Joseph) Parish Church of Hinundayan, Southern Leyte.
external frontal view of St Joseph Parish Churchc of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
I liked looking at this church even from the road, before we entered the compound. But I could not tell which or what about it makes me like it! It's not ancient old nor very new.

Maybe it's these wonderful surroundings that attracts me to this church...
frontal view of St. Joseph Parish Church of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
A lot of greens all over the place, and properly 'manicured', I think! And minimal concrete on the grounds (as of now anyway). It will be even better when those trees grow bigger!

Maybe it is also the colors that this edifice was painted with. Not too bold...
Blue, pink, white, some brown... those are the usual colors we see on churches - even town halls di ba? But here, they made it a bit on the soft pastel hues. Cool to the eyes...

My driver who knows all the fiestas in this region told me that everything around this town must have been cleaned and beautified since their fiesta was just last month. All the more that I appreciated the outside colors of this church. Pastel by intent, not faded!

Inside, its a bit on the bolder tones of the same colors as outside hehehe
inside view of St. Joseph Parish Church of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
Ah well, I think this is still fine... kesa naman yung 'psychedelic' look sa Tigbauan Church! A single-colored (monotone) tile on center aisle would have been greater! Nakialam na!

"Okay itong widening nila, 'no?" said my driver. I said pang-kalsada ka talaga hehehe
"Extension" or "expansion" naman, para mas soyal! There are no new pews yet, though. Baka walang kita yun "credit union" hehehe! Donations please?! Oh, that dog is friendly!

The priest's view...
"prist's view" (altar to entrance) of St. Joseph Parush Church of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
That stained glass mural of St. Joseph up there is very nice to look at. However, my phone-camera did not seem to be in the mood for capturing fantastic sights this time!

And of course, the Altar! There was no one else inside, so I was able to get closer!
altar of St. Joseph Parish Church of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
The lower portion of the altar table is a full "last supper" colored mural. I really wanted to know what it is made of. But I could not go nearer, lest I be accused of attempting to spirit the whole table hahaha! Hey did you know? That an altar table is called "mensa"?

Outside the church, I saw this, and I don't have to ask, this is the "kumbento"
convent of St. Joseph Parish Church of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
The high ceiling, the large windows, the capiz-shell panels (hmm teka, tunay pa ba yan?), the terrace... wood everywhere... Coolness and Wowness all the time! How I wish I could live in such a large house made of such native materials. Pero ayoko maging pari hehe!

Nice church! Come, let's move to their municipal hall!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments