Church of La Paz, Leyte


This is what I saw after circling around to the back of the La Paz Municipal Hall compound. The "Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Parish", the town's Catholic Church. I think this wide field the manong is cleaning up, is also part of the church compound.

So we circled around that field for a closer look. Here it is. Chadaaaan...
front view of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Church at La Paz Leyte
Pupusta ako, in the areas of Burauen and La Paz, a blue-color paint must be expensive! If at all available hehe! It must be veeery in-demand a paint color! Their churches need it!

Anyway, I entered the church, it was noontime, so, no people around...
inside view of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Church at La Paz Leyte
I like this! Simple, serene, bright, airy-cool, due to the big doors and windows I suppose. And the inside hues are pale and cool, unlike that of Burauen. Oh well, an ludhanan...

And, as I usually take a snap of... this is the priest's view...
"priest's view" of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Church at La Paz Leyte
Note: it's not really this dark. It's just my phone-camera, since outside is so noon bright.

Oh, okay, outside the church, at its expansive front yard park, I saw this...
Of course, from a distance, I could already discern that that is a statue of Mama Mary. But I did wonder why this field is so overgrown with grass. Very uncommon in this country. Oh well, wala nang volunteers in the parish I suppose. Just like at elementary schools!

Anyway..,

Let's go out of La Paz and head onwards to Mayorga and General MacArthur next.

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. It's not Mama Mary, it's Nuestra Señiora de La Paz statue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you for sharing/correcting the information! it's things like these that make us learn more about places and things. salamat!

      Delete