Hinundayan Municipal Hall

I could have walked to this place from the church and/or convent. I could see the area which I suspected was really this, the municipal hall. But my driver said he knows everything in Southern Leyte, so we had to follow his route that still circled the town via the national road hehe! But okay lang, I got to see the rest of the center of Hinundayan.

Emerging from the 'palengke', still on the national highway going south, I saw this park. Hmm, nice-looking! That kilometer marker says this place is 9kms to Anahawan! There's a tennis court, wide grassy greens, trees.., and oh, Jose Rizal is standing in the middle! And I saw signage that this is their Rizal Park. That big building is their 'municipal gym'.

To which, I did not know, we were headed! Okay, this is one side of the gymnasium...
municipal sports auditorium called gymnasium of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
The sides of this building are after all public offices! First door (on the right) is the office of Liga Ng Mga Barangay. Next door is "Office of the Sangguniang Bayan" - I suppose it is also their session hall. Would they fit in there? 7 SB members plus vice mayor, pwede!

After the gymnasium we moved forward and I said, "ah this is their municipal building"...
I was already starting to appreciate that it was still partly made of wood, when my driver said "semento lahat yan sir at kasinlaki lang yata ng daycare center"! Ha? So I looked...

Oh My Gino-o ko! He was referring to this building, and I was looking to that bigger one!
municipal hall of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
If it were not written in big bold letters - BALAY LUNGSOD SA HINUNDAYAN - I wouldn't at all believe that it is a municipal hall! Way too small than we usually see everywhere!

But what about this big wood and concrete two-level building directly across?
old municipal building of Hinundayan Southern Leyte
It looks more like a munisipyo di ba? But there was no one to ask. So I just assumed this "was" the previous municipal hall hehe. There is something written on a brown board by the door (right side), that could probably explain something, but I could not read it!

Anyway, we roamed around the area instead. And aha, I saw that behind that cute little balay lungsod, there are other buildings, one of which seem to directly connect to it. Ahuh... feeling ko style lang yung maliit na building! The main offices are at the back!

Nice one anyway! Let's go to Anahawan - in my next story!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments