Tigbauan Municipal Hall

front view Tigbauan Municipal Hall
The Tigbauan Municipal Hall. Looking good, and reminiscent of American Era structures, though my guide says this has received quite a number of facelifts hehe. I thought, eh dapat lang! From an aged brass marker I saw in the building, the original of originals of this building was born in 1960. So this thing is more than half a century old! 55 na!

I had a little bit of an issue rounding this building. There were too many eyes all focused on me, and they seemed not friendly at all. It felt like they were watching for one false move and they'd pounce on me hahaha! Kulba!

Oh well, Monday, maybe they were all fresh and hyped up to work. But they were not guards, they were ALL employees of the munisipyo. Why were they all out at the lobby at 2:26PM, some even sporting toothpicks in their mouths? Aba, nagpaka layu-layo ako!

If I could not take pictures inside, oh eh I turned to the outside.
Jose Rizal Monument viewed from Tigbauan Town Hall
That is their Rizal Monument! As you can tell from the borders of this picture, I took this shot from the lobby of this municipal hall. You can see parts of the foyer on the left and right upper corners. But I sensed something amusingly applicable to the situation :)

Dr. Jose Rizal, the national hero, in this monument, is facing directly at the municipal hall entrance and lobby, instead of the public out there. Parang may ibig sabihun ah! hehehe

And as I silently giggled at that lobby... I imagined Jose Rizal was loudly saying...
"I have recommended in my writings the study of civic virtues, without which there is no redemption. I have written likewise (and repeat my words) that reforms, to be beneficial, must come from above, that those which come from below are irregularly gained and uncertain"! hahaha, memorized ko pa pala yan! In English pa!

Anyway, I strolled away from this munisipyo (basi kaonon ako)... and I saw this!
Tigbauan Iloilo Bandstand
Whoa they still have a bandstand! I don't know how they make use of it these days, if ever they even still do, but it looks clean and well-maintained. Its a big part of history!

And the guide said, "sir, tara, let's go"!

So next is Guimbal.

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36  Thirty six stories
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments