"Fishing Town" Tigabauan

Less than 5 minutes (I think not even 2 kilometers) southwards from Sol Y Mar is the town plaza of Tigabauan, Iloilo. Yep, Sol Y Mar Resort is part of this town. Tigbauan, says my guide, is a "fishing" town. Hmm, what I know is... virtually any coastal settlement in this country is a "fishing" town, di ba?! But I did not tell him that. I just nodded hehe.
plaza view of Tigbauan Municipal Hall and Rizal Monument

Then he told me that this town produces most of the "guinamos" and "bagoong" in the province. And that there are a lot poultry farms that get their supply of feeds from Tigbauan. Oh okay, so this is a "fish-processing" town, not necessarily the town with the most fishermen hehe. I corrected my mind there! "Fishing town" naman kasi eh hehe!

So, malansa ang buhay sa bayang ito?! But I did not smell something fishy!

Anyway, destination church and municipal hall was not hard to find. As is common in many places, they are usually just near each other - at center of town - by the town plaza!

We'll go to those two places next. But let me tell you that, according to my guide, in the interest of time, we are not passing by two historic sites in this town: 1) the ruins of the first muscovado production plant in this southern part of the province, and 2) the World War II Panay Landing Memorial - which is along the highway anyway.

Let us go anyway. To the church muna!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36  Thirty six stories
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments