San Joaquin Municipal Hall and Plaza

Municipal Hall at San Joaquin Iloilo
I did not at first realize this was a municipal hall. Why? Because the building is not your usual box type; the frontage has a lot of greens; it does not have a very wide space between the building and the kalsada; plus, it is called "San Joaquin People's Center".

But indeed it is the munisipyo said my tour guide!

It looks appealing to me. It is not the usual high-rise, and those hallways at second level makes it look very welcoming. Oh, it also has 2 flagpoles in front! Plus, the statue of Rizal (mini-garden at right) and some ceremonial "encounter" (between a native and a Spaniard?) on the left. Not sure about the blue umbrella. Maybe there's a coffee shop?!

I took that picture above, from across the road, which is their municipal gymnasium...
gymnasium garinasium at San Joaquin Iloilo
And this is what is not appealing to me hehe. It is named "Garinasium 1". Ano daw? So KSP! Talagang ipinag-siksikan ang apelyedo nila. Okay yung GarinFarm dahil inyo yan. Not the PUBLIC's Municipal Gymnasium! Bakit pera nyo ipinag-pagawa dyan?

I am not actually against naming edifices after politicians. Pero naman, wag ipilit kung pangit ang dating! Why not call it Garin Memorial Gym (in memory of kung sino mang Garin hehe). Or call it "Inday Waray Gym". Garinasium daw, tunog gamot pampatulog!

Anyway, I haven't seen the insides since it was closed, but on the outside, this...
gardens at San Joaquin Iloilo
this... "garinasyum" (ang sagwa ng tunog!) is flanked on both sides by beautiful gardens. Not as expansive and grandiose as that one in Guimbal, but lovely enough!

Eto pa... while at the garinasyon whatever, I marveled at this beautiful building...
old municipal hall at San Joaquin Iloilo
My tour guide did tell me what it is and even made a lengthy description. I could hear him well, but I was not really listening, so I forgot what it is. Garinaslum occupied me!

"Sa diin kuno mahampang? Sa garrison? Aw garinsium? Aw diin na man?! Why not just call it "Garin Gym" kasi? Tutal, everybody knows this is a Garin Town in a Garin district.

Haruy Mana J nga mahusay la gihap, tuhaya daw ito nga mga ngaran dida!

Anyway, this was my last town center for this southern Iloilo tour.

But I went a little bit further south, still in San Joaquin. That's next!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36  Thirty six stories
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments