Guimbal Church

San Nicolas De Tolentino Parish Church, so said my guide. But easier for me to remember "Guimbal Church"! In fact I totally forgot the San Nicolas thing, but good I had some little notes on my phone, that made me recall the name San Nicolas De Tolentino hehe!

I have seen this church while at the town plaza earlier. I thought this was real big because the belfry was like tall and big! But its not a huge church after all. Cute in fact!
plaza and entrance of Guimbal Church Iloilo

Guide told me this is one of the oldest churches on the island. Many times damaged by war and calamity but always repaired to its usual religious grandeur by the townsfolk.

Going inside... this was my view upon entering the main entrance...
inside view from entrance of Guimbal Church Iloilo
There is some kind of an "ante-room" defined by that arch and the two holy water fonts, before you actually emerge at the real inside of the church. I have seen this in many churches. This is usually because above this low ceiling is the choir and/or band loft.

My first impression was: This is very different from the Tigbauan Church!
inside view of Guimbal Church Iloilo
The interiors are in stark contrast with that previous church. This one is more peaceful, serene. Your brain does not have to process too many distractions other than PRAY.

Like earlier (at Tigbauan), on the midway aisle I turned around to see this...
preist's view and choir loft of Guimbal Church Iloilo
The priest's view, as they say.

Then onwards to the altar...
altar of Guimbal Church Iloilo
Simple but solemn, right?!

Okay, some of you may want to debate my point of view on church interiors. All I can say is, to each his own. Basta, para sa akin, I can not concentrate on my intention to pray, if there are so many "artworks" past or present surrounding me. Ano ba kasi ang loob ng simbahan, art museum o display center o "simbahan"? That is why I liked this one!

And, I loved this even more... children at play outside the church.
children playing outside the Guimbal Church Iloilo
Get children near the church as young as can be, if only, para 'wag makalimot!

Now this one is most notable... the biggest "Adoration Chapel" I have ever seen!
big and beautiful adoration chapel at Guimbal Church Iloilo
Yes, the Guimbal Church itself may be small compared to others, but just outside is their adoration chapel, that is even bigger than many rural churches I have seen hehe!

Alright, related to the church and munisipyo but way out, is my next stop. Come with me!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36  Thirty six stories
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments