Snippets of UP Visayas, Miagao

This is the main campus of University of the Philippines in the Visayas, also called UP Visayas or UPV. Don't be confused, there is also a UPV Campus in the city (Iloilo), and there is even the UPV College Tacloban - yes way faaar in Eastern Visayas.

This here, in Miagao, is the administrative center of UP Visayas. Oops, for the unfamiliar, they conveniently call this place UP Miagao during conversations. The one in the city they call UP Iloilo, and the one in Tacloban is UP Tacloban. All are under UP Visayas.

How about UP Cebu, where does it belong? Its not part of UP Visayas. Why? Ambot! I haven't gone that far in my being inquisitive hehehe. Did you know there is even a UP in Palo, Leyte? Ah that is the School of Health Sciences under UP Manila!

Anyway, back to my UP Miagao visit...

Well, what can I say... kung saan pa ako nagtagal on this trip (had a quick meeting in one of the buildings), doon naman ako hindi naka-ikot masyado to take pictures or even videos. Not as much as I wanted to, anyway. But I covered the interesting basics... I think!

Like this...
perspective view of garden and administration building UP in the Visayas Miagao
This is the path leading to Administration Building. Certainly interestingly an attempt to replicate how it is in Diliman! Galing 'no?! Yes, that at the end is Admin Bldg too, of UPV!

Sorry to non-maroons, you may not be interested in this, but please indulge me a bit...
oblation at UP in the Visayas Miagao
That is the oblation, in front of the "admin bldg"! No, this is not the end of the University Avenue from Philcoa and Quezon Memorial Circle! This is a copy! Amusingly almost an exact copy. Sorry for that red splash, camera facing the sun :(

The famous "bridge" between the two wings of the Administration Building...
administration building at UP in the Visayas Miagao
Also nearly the same as the original in Diliman! Aliw factor hahaha! But this is not just a useless copy ha?! This building is real and functional. Their Administration Building!

Now my dear Iskos and Iskas will agree, this is a better view of "oble" (oblation)...
oblation back view at UP in the Visayas Miagao
I took this shot from the stairs of the UPV Admin. Bldg. The oblation overlooks a foresty area, not an avenue lined with sunflowers hehe! Unlike the Diliman version, this whole place is a bit elevated, so it has a nice vantage of wide greens and the blue skies. Mind you, the whole campus runs a real "ridge-to-reef" terrain.

I didn't ask him, but my guess is that, Mr. Oblation can see the "karagatan" (Panay Gulf?)

I wanted to roam more, but I was at this stage, realizing a big "error of the day" - I should have started out on this trip earlier in the morning, or omitted Arevalo :(

Anyway, one last snap as I was on the way out. This is not Diliman's Sunken Garden...
big trees and open field at UP in the Visayas Miagao
This is UP Miagao's "parang" Sunken Garden! Eh I didn't see signage, nor a human being to ask what this place is. But it looks like the sunken garden, so, "parang sunken garden"!

It is almost sundown and am still in Miagao :( Let's move further south and fast.

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36  Thirty six stories
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments