Ocean Café Near The Blood Compact Monument


I had to rush back to Tagbilaran City as my meet-up was all-of-a-sudden happening here, instead of at Alburquerque as previously agreed. Ah, it happens when we mix work with leisure. Lesson duly noted!

What was the lesson? Ah eh... kalimutan na ang %^!%$* work na yan 😈 bwahahaha!

Wait, does this mean I skipped the town of Baclayon on this westward joyride back to Tagbilaran from Anda? Well yes, because nga of the meeting. Although I actually also considered skipping Baclayon if evening fell, since I've been there many times before, and am sure to pass by it soon again and again.

Anyway, I said yes when my 'kausap' changed the venue to Ocean Cafe, even if I didn't know where in Tagbilaran it may be. My reasoning was: it's only in Tagbilaran, I or my driver should be able to find it.

Eto na.., we easily found it via google, right beside the "Sandugo" or "Blood Compact" Monument!
Ocean Café at Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
Hesumalusep andito lang pala! Even my guide says he passes by this place almost everyday because of his work; he probably has seen the name Ocean Cafe; but it hasn't yet made an imprint in his brain.

I said lalo naman ako who is not here on a daily basis hehehe. We then theorized (yes me ganun), that some people (like us) don't get to really encounter this cafe, since the mind concentrates on the place being visited -in this case the Sandugo Monument also known as the Blood Compact Monument/Site.

May I add: not many roamers would drop-by here for coffee or snacks, since this is still in the city.
Ocean Café at Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
I mean if you were on a tour and the Blood Compact Site was your first destination in the morning, are you not going to have breakfast first before you set out? If you do, then this place is too early too soon for anything to ingest again, since this is only a mere 10 minutes from the city center or even Panglao!

That's why this was not in my tour guide's consciousness, and not in my awareness as a tourist!

But if you were coming back to the city from all those kinds of countryside tours, this is perfect!
Watermelon Shake at Ocean Café, Tagbilaran City Bohol, View of Pamilacan Island
That tip of an island (upper right corner of the picture) is part of Dauis, Panglao Island. While the little island on the horizon (above the straw of my watermelon shake) is Pamilacan Island. Glorious views!

Then our thin-crust pizza came... with a hefty smothering of cheeses and awesomely crunchy edges!
Delectable thin-crust pizza at Ocean Café, Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
I said "I should come back to this place"! Just look at the pictures above: clean well-appointed tables, delectable snacks, fantastic views... saan ka pa?! A grand way to end my daylong joyride, accidentally!

Then my 'ka-meeting' texted, begging for a few more minutes. I replied with just "ok", but in my mind I was saying "as if I have a choice 'no"? And I also wanted to say "ok lang, even if you don't materialize"!

Guide pointed to the circular thing on that reclaimed land by the mangroves down at ground level.
Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
He told me the "Sandugo" / "Blood Compact" Monument will soon be relocated there - from where it is now - beside the national highway and beside the wall of this cafe's building. Hmm, it'll be some walk!

Because we were looking down, I saw that the lower part of this café has a pool and other things!
Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
I asked the waitress, and OMG it turns out that this cafe is actually just one portion of a bigger facility (no wonder it's in a big building) called Ocean Suites, a boutique hotel. Even my guide didn't know. Da!

So I stood up and looked around...
Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol

Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol

Ocean Suites, Tagbilaran City Bohol
Staff told me that is not even the lowest floor. There is another level down, and I just did not quite hear if there was another pool down there, or if they were still making another one. Wowness! Promising!

Anyway, the kausap arrived, so meeting-meeting-whatever, and my day ended here!

Whatta day!

========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of stories:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
  21   22   23                                                      
========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.


Post a Comment

0 Comments