Gerarda's Family Restaurant


In the evening after my unfinished joyride among Bohol's southern towns, I strolled around the vicinity of my hotel, hoping to stumble upon an eatery that might appeal to my eyes, taste buds and stomach. Nothing that serious, I'm not a fan of fancy dining places anyway. Turo-turo or fastfood is always fine!

But of course I was 'armed' with helpful tips from the hotel's front desk. They told me to head right (as before), passing by the Diocesan Shrine and Parish of Birhen sa Barangay - also known as the Cogon Shrine, and at the highway (the Circumferential Road) I could turn either way to find good restaurants.

I remembered though, the girl said she prefers that I try Gerarda's Restaurant, so I went for it...
menu book at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran
This place is not hard to find since it is just by the main road, and under a gigantic tree!

The interiors are chic with a lot og glass everywhere, akin to fine dining restaurants.
interior of Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran
I am guessing this is probably a second branch since the signage outside says Gerarda's G2.

My "starter" was decidedly this bottle of SML, and it came with peanuts on the house!
table for four, the smallest table at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran

Crews are uniformed a la fine dining, and my waiter served water without me asking for it. Promising!
free peanuts served with beer at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran

Grilled Blue Marlin... masarap, well done on the outside (per my request) but 'tender juicy' inside!
tasty grilled blue marlin at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran

Lechon Carahay [Lechon Kawali]... yummy too, crackly skin but soft tasty meat. Lami!
Lechon Carahay (Lechon Kawali) at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran

Verdict: good food. good place, good for families or groups (not for me the solo traveler)!
Eh sa pangalan pa lang, - Gerarda's Family Restaurant - pang-pamilya! So the menu servings are good for 4 people. In fact, most of the tables are big a la Chinese Restaurant -- pang family nga talaga. Well, hindi bilog na mesa with pulang table cloth hahaha! The smallest table, I think, was good for four too!

If there is anything that Gerarda's can improve on, is more attention to little details like this:
rusted beer bottle at Gerarda's Family Restaurant, CPG Ave., Tagbilaran
Especially that I said I will drink my beer from the bottle, they should at least wipe it well to remove the rust. Even if to be poured on a glass, beer bottles shouldn't have rust. Unhealthy yan. Ma-tetanus tayo!

Anyway, all in all, I like this place (for families or groups).

========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of stories:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20
  21   22   23                                                      
========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.


Post a Comment

0 Comments