Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag

This is a hotel/resort - one of the, if not THE best and biggest in Tandag. As said in my previous posts, I was to meet up at this place with lovely bungisngis people who I have not seen in a while, for a quick semi-official (conceptualization, planning) and non-official (kumustahan, alaskahan) kind of meeting!

Anyway, I took a trike from the capitol area (where I got off the V-Hire from Bislig) to this resort/hotel. Uhuh, di man lang ako sinundo ng mga pangit na ka-meeting ko, when all three of them each came in their own vehicles. This place is not at city center (it's nearer to the airport), but easy to find as it is by the national highway, not to mention that it's a prominent event venue (therefore known to all who live in Tandag), plus, I have already seen it while on board a tricycle from the airport to Balilahan terminal.

I arrived with the tricycle entering this gate that looked like an exit, instead of over at that other end!
entrance/exit to Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
And he wanted to let me off right at this very spot saying "baka magalit" if he drove me further to that entrance foyer. I insisted, he hesitantly obliged. I can't blame him.., many guards, even officials and/or owners still welter in that ugly culture of our hispanized yesteryears where we the indios and our lowly vehicles may not stop where insulares y peninsulares do so. Tangina eh Royal Highness ako! Avante!

Upon entry at the hotel's lobby, I felt my pantog was about to burst after that long travel from Bislig!
lobby comfort room of Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
I easily found this! I said "not bad". It's clean, dry, high ceiling (maaliwalas), does not overly reek of air freshener na nakakahatsing nor does it smell of human excretions! Me bulaklak pa sa lababo. Oh ha?

Outside the "CR" is this spacious waiting area tastefully partitioned away from the restaurant!
waiting area at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
You will immediately realize that what this place does not scrimp on is space, lots of wide spaces!

Oh, over at that far end is the front desk, concierge, etc., Sorry I just breezed thru to the toilets hehe!
lobby of Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
Entrance is at left; both sides of that staircase (going right) are hallways to the spacious restaurant.

Here.., the lobby and main door viewed from one side of the restaurant (left is the CR I came from)..,
restaurant of Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

And here is the lobby and front desk viewed from the other side of the restaurant..,
restaurant at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

Okay, I see, the restaurant's name is Oceana.., it faces a big grass garden.., and the ocean!
Ocean Restaurant at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

As usual, I came ahead of everyone I was meeting.., so I found this just a step below the restaurant!
smoking area of Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

Where I would know when my friends arrive as I can see all the goings-on in the whole restaurant..,
Ocean Restaurant and VBar at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

But I also had a commanding view of the garden, the poolside cottages and the ocean far beyond!
open garden with a view of the beach and the ocean at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

Here's a central view of that grass garden. Good for milestone events, don't you think so?
open garden with a view of the beach and the ocean at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

To the right is another fancy looking building. I didn't go there but staff told me more rooms are there.
Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

To the left are the big cottages and the swimming pools - a favorite place of many locals, it seems!
big poolside family cottages at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

We went to see this central stage area of the garden.., I said those letters will look ugly on my event..,
open garden with a view of the beach and the ocean at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
But we could cover it with a carpet or flowers. Otherwise, masinsinang photoshop to remove them!

This is the beachfront.., to the left and beyond.., we wondered why it is empty on a holiday..,
a view of the beach and the ocean at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

Beachfront to the right and beyond.., we wondered why the sand is littered with non-biodegradables..,
a view of the beach and the ocean at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City
On top of our questions, hotel staff told us no swimming allowed on this beach. END of discussion!

I realized this resort is big into big events. This building is a function hall that can be divided..,
function hall at Villa Maria Luisa, Tandag City

I have not seen the rooms. No more time because my ka-meeting were all so talkative like me!

There's always a next time!

Post a Comment

0 Comments