Sian Falls

wonderful nature at Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City
Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City, Surigao Del Sur

We were nearing Bislig City proper. I thought that was it for a day tour. I was already happy! But hmm and alas, we veered left from the national highway! I surmised (and secretly smiled), this meant I was going to see another "somewhere in Bislig"! Before I could ask, driver said we were going to Sian Falls.

Go ra!

Ah, if you are in any 3 or 4-wheeled vehicle, there will be some amount of walking (but not far)..,
See the cute wooden bridge up ahead? Only habal-habal or skylab can pass thru it. Van or Car, sori po! But don't worry, it is not that far. It's just that a "single" motorbike can carry you forward for a bit more!

Even so, on whatever kind of vehicle you came in with, there will still be a need for that leisurely walk!
Leisurely walk yes, and much like going to Hinayagan, you also walk a bit on the side of a little stream!

See my habal-habal driver approaching the one and only structure in and around the waterfall area..,
I think those folks in the hut are the owners of this place. My driver told me that, like Hinayagan Cave, this place is (still) privately owned. Not sure if that means good or bad. But I think "buti naman" hehe!

Okay, just copying the picture up on top.., here's a panoramic view of the waterfall and its vicinity..,
Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City, Surigao Del Sur
Tiny, if compared to Tinuy-an but for whatever reason, I like this place! Cozy? Not crowded? Both? Yes!

Look, there are people too. But listening to the gentle cascade sounds.., I loved it here. Really!
cascade and plunge pool area of Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City, Surigao Del Sur
Maybe because I was overwhelmed by the 'pandemonic' crowds at Tinuy-an Falls & Enchanted River!

Together with Candongos, this would be one of those waterfalls I can readily tag as "truly relaxing"
Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City, Surigao Del Sur
The atmosphere, the size of the waterfall, the decibel factor of the cascade were/are just right for me. I can sit around this place all day, especially if there would be 'wifi' hehe.., that would truly be "da layf"!

My driver (and some guy who was wading with his children) told me that the 'water curtain' is grander and louder during the rainy season.., but I think, this was just too ideal for me to chillax my time away.

Oh, at the crest area, which is very easy to walk up to, is also a wonderful spread of serenity..,
Sian Falls, Brgy. Kahayag, Bislig City, Surigao Del Sur
An easy place to explore and just be amazed about nature (it's a forest in the first place), but every bit of space up there is fantastically instagrammable! A safe topography (I think) for kids or even seniors.

When my driver asked if I liked this place, I said "can I have this as my backyard"?!

A nice find for me.., and what a way to end my day tour!

Post a Comment

0 Comments