Casa De Babano Pension House

This is where I stayed during my Bislig City visit. Not that I chose this nor did I know about this place, for I did not reserve any room anywhere during this visit! I was already on the move, yet I still couldn't decide if I would stay at Poblacion Bislig or Mangagoy Bislig. Until I already arrived at the Mangagoy Bus Terminal via a Bachelor Bus! I ended up here after asking the bus people! Yes, I trust them hehe!

As mentioned in my arrival story, I reached this place past 8PM, and lucky there was a vacant room!
Lucky? Yes, because this place (I was told) is popular with backpackers and it was a Holy Week Break for the whole country! And we know that Bislig is a popular vacation destination in Eastern Mindanao.

Note to self: don't do this again (I mean "no reservations").., not every day is "lucky"!

First thing I looked for was dinner! It was almost 9PM na! Lucky pa rin.., kitchen was still open!
From experience, lower end accommodations usually have their kitchens closed at around 8PM, if at all they even have, right? And the usual answer is "sir, nag-out na ang cook" (at times they say cooker)!

That is why I said I was lucky to have still been able to grab food at this pension house at about 9PM. Here's more: I saw from the signboards outside that they have a restaurant. But it was already closed!

The dining area here is separate from that restaurant. I was given a menu but I requested fried fish..,
Look at my fried fish, you'll readily notice it is not from their menu. I specially requested for it to be so, and I thanked them profusely for granting my request! I know many of you will be surprised I did that!

But I often do that whether I'm on vacation travel or not! Ah, let's talk about that separately later!

For now.., let me tell you that I loved that fish. I was even tempted to get an extra cup of rice, but I had to control myself as it was night time.., and I remember some family and friends limit their rice intake during the night! Not that I think it is imperative, nor have I been advised to also do it. Nakiki-uso lang!!

Anyway, let's go to my Room 111.

This is a pension house, so I didn't expect much from my room. But I was surprised they have Wi-Fi!

View of the door from my bed. In fairness, that towel isn't supposed to be white, it's originally 'cream'!

And this was my bed 😅, with some of my stuff out from the weekend pack (on the floor).

The toilet, banyo, bathroom, WC, CR, お手洗い, 화장실, colored generally-pink!

And here's a collage of: the shower, the house rules and the light switch / intercom / Wi-Fi password!
Hey, last line of 'House Rules' says "thank you for bearing with us"! Inunahan na, ano aangal ka pa?!

The gate. Saw this only in the morning while waiting for a tricycle going to the baywalk.

And this is the restaurant beside the pension. I didn't see it open (as I was out early, and back late)!

On arrival from my early morning visit to the baywalk, frontdesk gave this little stub to me!

Immediately out came my free breakfast - "corsilog" (corned beef, sinangag, itlog) with hot chocolate!
Something "philosophical" in that breakfast set: howsoever kakarampot, that is corned beef (but not purefoods)! And, who said the "log" in 'silog' must be 'sunny side up' or 'scrambled', aber? Natawa ako!

Upon return from the day tour, we ordered these for afternoon snack (merienda ba). There's a story..,
I noticed my driver finished his Coke, just had a bite of his sandwich and would not touch the pancit. I asked why, and if "hindi masarap'? He hesitated a bit and shyly asked if he can just have his portion be packed "to go" so he can bring it home as "pasalubong" to his daughter. OMG ah, it wringed my heart!

I pretended to be stern and 'growled' that he finish his food. But immediately, I requested the waitress to prepare the same exact set wrapped for "takeout" so driver can bring it home to his daughter. Ehem ehem, you want to know what happened next? Nilantakan nya yang nasa picture, na dapat lang, di ba?

All was well then. But honestly, I felt my heart was crushed.., a loving father, whatever he does.

End of Casa De Babano story. Let's go dinner next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments