Palompon Lunch at Wemdee's

Having arrived at Palompon about 'elevenish' (11AM) from Kalanggaman, lunch was in order. Timely! 11AM is just about the right time for my royal highness to have lunch. While I've been away for about 6 years now, I'm still used to my Metro Manila routine where I took lunch about 11AM, because at 12NN, the restaurants, canteen, cafeteria, fastfood, turo-turo and whatever else that served food always had "long hungry lines".

Anyway, walking away from the Palompon eco-tourism office, I knew just where to go. I have seen this restaurant twice yesterday - as I walked from the van terminal towards the eco-tourism office, and as I walked from the church looking for accommodation.

And that is... Wemdee's!
affordable and tasty food at Wemdee's Palompon
Wemdee's is some kind of a native-looking restaurant by design, both inside and out.

Call it 'baduy', but I liked the ambiance in this place! Very 'Pinoy'...
Wemdee's Palompon, clean and daintily designed surroundings
Foremost are the walls and ceilings. Those are real and genuine woven bamboo. I think they call it "amakan" herearounds, ahm, if I am not mistaken, that is "sawali" in Tagalog. Then the ruffled curtains that all your lolas taught you "how to do it elegantly". Aminin mo yan, don't deny! What can we do, yun ang elegant nung panahon nila e! So... homey!

Then on each table, there are the green bottles as flower base, ribboned at the neck with a lighter shade of green! A bunch of mini sunflowers (made of cloth and/or plastic?) adorning each bottle. Oops, they removed the one on my table as I initially placed my backpack there. And then the red and white checkered table cloth! Just like how your lola would insist - that a "mantel" is a required "necessity" on any dining table, korek?

But... I liked this Sizzling Pork with White Sauce...
affordable and tasty food at Wemdee's Palompon
I would like to believe their kind of cooking is better than Franz Cafe. It does not at all look, smell and taste fastfood! Very meticulously done. Well, if this restaurant can bother itself with green bottles and ribbons on each of their tables, it should follow that they are as fussy in everything they use at their kitchen and how they whip the magic wand!

I even wanted to taste other entrees listed on their menu, but..,
affordable and tasty food at Wemdee's Palompon
As usual, nag-iisa, traveling and dining alone, two kinds will be too much to handle.

Really, I would recommend this place to people visiting Palompon! From the name of the place alone, "Wemdee's Food Trip and Catering Service", I do not wonder why the food tastes good and presented well. They are a catering service too, in the first place!

Oh, while I was having lunch, someone called me up asking about Kalanggaman. Hmm!

But let's talk about that in my next entry!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!    
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments