Dinner at Franz Cafe, Palompon

I asked the friendly front desk staff of Love Travellers Inn where would be a good restaurant, and Franz Cafe was suggested. This is somewhere at the back of the transport terminal, by the water's edge. They told me to take a "potpot" (that's pedicab to most of us), but I opted to walk. I think its not even 200 meters away from Love.
Franz Cafe Palompon Leyte
This is the most popular (the most expensive too) restaurant in Palompon! But, good enough compared to food prices in Cebu, Ormoc or Tacloban. It is mainly an air-conditioned restaurant, but there are open-air tables at the back, facing the sea. Good enough view of the waters and part of the real Palompon Port (not the jump-off point to Kalanggaman, but the place where RORO ferries to Bogo take-off).

The food? Okay lang. Not something you can shout out to the whole world and tell them to come and taste it hehe. They have everything that a Filipino Restaurant would usually have - from turo-turo to a-la-carte menu, plus of course the usual burgers and pancit!

This is the only thing I got for dinner, and it costs P245!
expensive shrimp at Franz Cafe Palompon Leyte
Yes, as in two hundred forty five pesosesoses! How many shrimps is that? 9 or 10? That cup of rice is P17, and the beer is P55 which are fine. But the pasayan... grabeha pud oi!

Well, okay na let's give it to them hehe. Its not as if we'd be having dinner at this place every day of our lives, right?! Baynte-kwatro singkwenta an usa nga pasayan Mana Iska!

Let me wrap this day up. Tulog time! As I write this, am back on the bed (no desk hehe) at Love Travellers Inn. So, if there's anything more I want to add "about" Franz Cafe and/or Love Travellers Inn, I should probably be able to do that tomorrow night na.

Because... I leave for Kalanggaman tomorrow at 6AM, meaning I check-out of this Lloyd Room by 5AM, meaning further, I have to wake up at about 4AM - and that's just about 5 or so hours from now. So let's count sheep!

For tomorrow is another day!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!   
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments