How I ended up with Love

My Search For Accommodation In Palompon!

I had an idea on where to look. I asked friends before coming to Palompon. I also asked the eco-tourism center where I went just this afternoon. Everyone suggested something that sounded like "paxi" or "paksi", due to proximity to the Eco-Tourism Office, they said.

So, from the church, I walked northwards keeping watch as to where might be that "paxi" place. Just a few steps, next to the church, I saw a building that looked like a bank or offices, and it was named PACCI. Hmm, it sounded very familiar. And a few steps more, I saw PACCI House. So I thought, this must be it that I thought was "paxi" or "paksi" hehe!

I went in to ask. Entering the lobby, I said to myself "brownout yata" - no electric lights were on. But I saw an electric fan on, so I proceeded. There was a very familiar "smell" that pervaded - amoy luma! Y' know, that smell as if a wet rag was left somewhere? Yun!

Add to that, there was a bored man as if trying his best to catch a nap on a desk, that, when he saw me, he seemed to have planned to just ignored me and go back to his afternoon nap. But I asked "ito ba yung hotel?" Well, he "boredly" answered with "puno ang ordinary room" or something like that. He sounded like, as if I was disturbing him.

Without a word, I turned around and started out, even if he was still saying something. In my mind, "tangina I deserve something better than a bored "janitorish" ass**** talking to me". Yes, baka nga janitor ang animal na yun! I might actually have waited for some "normal" people to talk to, but that "amoy-basahan" environment all the more made my feet walk away, ASAP! I was almost suffocating. Nakasusulasok!

So, I continued onwards, passing by the van terminal I earlier arrived at, looking left and right for accommodation places, although I knew my next target, an inn across Mercury Drug, a block more after the transport terminal. The eco-tourism employee told me that.

And there it was, I found Love! Yes, Love Travellers Inn!
affordable accommodation at Palompon Love Traveller's Inn
Entrance is over at that door where the yellow motorbike is parked. This is on Lincoln Street, perpendicular to the main road (JP Rizal?) which is to the left of this photo.

I did think, because of the name, that this might have been a "short-time" place - you know what I mean, right?! But what da... this was recommended too by the eco-tourism employee, and a friend who I previously called. So I tried, went in to ask, at least!

Hmm, upon entry, I probably consciously or unconsciously compared this place to what I just experienced earlier (the PACCI lobby and that 'janitorish' old man at their frontdesk), thus, I decided, Love Travellers Inn is better than PACCI. So I got a room!

While checking-in with an enthusiastic pair of young well dressed front desk staff (hello PACCI), I learned that LOVE (pala, diay, ngayan) is a combination of the first letters of four names - Lloyd, Owen, Veña and Errol - and if you look closely, those names are written above the word LOVE at their front signage! Who are they? Ah that one I forgot hahaha!

And rooms here are named after those four personalities!

I was given a Lloyd Room that felt weirdly cramped and cute hehehe...
hotel room at Love Travelle's Inn Palompon
How is that? On entry from the door, it felt like a normal small single room. But as you walk towards the end of the bed, the ceiling get's closer to your forehead until you reach the glass windows that is from the floor to your chest level hahaha. Am not joking, top of the glass window is just a little bit above my waistline! It felt like I was in an attic room!

Wait wait, that pic above makes the room look big. It is not! Let me describe it more: that white column after the orangy-brownish color on the left edge of that photo is actually the door to the CR (yes, toilet bathroom whatever)! While the right edge of the pic is a mirror, that's why you see a reflection of the bed, the curtain and the air-conditioner!

Here is another take of the same area where I raised the camera a bit to the ceiling...
clean bed at Love Traveller's Inn Palompon
Ayan, that's the entire width of my Lloyd Room! No complaint though, malinis mabango!

Now the window. To be precise, the glass window is everything covered by that golden curtain, that I said above, is the height of my chest! Oh ha?! GOLD! Saan ka pa! And if you open that curtain, you could see the street down below, and of course you could be seen from down there, at least just up to your chest level. The naughty kinky side of me was laughing, pwede ka mag-show-time dito haha! Where did I see something like that? Amsterdam? Dun nga yata! Yun mga "bold", kita katawan pero di kita ang mukha hehehe!

But of course I did not open that curtain! I did not even touch it! Why? Because, from experience (kahit sa big 5 star hotels pa yan), many of them do not clean nor dust their big heavy curtains everyday. Shake them a little and you sneeze the whole of your stay! I should know, I have allergic rhinitis and I know what triggers my unending sneezing!

So, my dear subscribers, calm down. Walang "showtime" na naganap!

Here is the "reverse view" - from the golden curtains (window) to the rest of my room...
Nice enough for one person, right? But this is a room for two haha! If I had a companion here, I would say 'go find another room' or 'let's transfer to a bigger room'! Look at my bag. It is just a small laptop bag ('day pack') and it is occupying almost half of the bed!

Oh, behind that "headboard" (headboard daw o!) is the "City of Banyo" hehe! Here it is...
Water pressure was not as I would hope for, but okay enough that there was hot shower!

Okay okay, I just dropped my backpack on the bed, and went out for dinner...


Fast forward...
And am writing this now on the bed, after dinner. I know its 'sleep-time', but one more story - "the dinner" and I will hit the sack. I mean these two not so softee pillows hehe!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!   
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments