Kalanggaman Here I Come, Finally!

jump-off point to Kalanggaman Island
While waiting to be boarded, passengers (me included!) stood around, sat anywhere they could, excitedly chatting, posing for groupfies and selfies, to while time away. Aside from snacks and coffee, good that these eco-tourism grounds are instagrammable enough!

Just a hand signal from the boatman and everyone queued-in to board!
boarding the boat to Kalanggaman Island
In just about 4 minutes, all of us passengers were on board. That quick! Excited eh!

By the way, that lady at their desk? Yep, si Ms. Bawal Reservation? Remember her? When boarding started, she really looked around for me, just to tell me that it was boarding! Whatever she meant with that, I did not anymore care. I was just excited to go!

I boarded last, so I would be seated at the very front of the boat... I planned this!
I did not just plan, I schemed for this hehe, to be at front-most position! For the views - and to avoid catching other passengers in my shots! Why? Because this was such a small boat - once seated, you are shoulder-to-shoulder and butt-to-butt with passengers on your either side. Thus, you cannot move around or even just turn around to take photos!

All expected passengers were aboard and raring to go, but we were not moving yet. Then came an employee of the eco-tourism office who did some briefing about trash and safety on the island. Then it was a go for us! Hooray! As in Hurry Up, excited na ako!
That's her (I call her Miss Briefer), going back to dry land, after reminding us on safety rules and rubbish - I mean 'trash' on the island to be brought back here (mainland) on two kinds of color-coded trash bags. If you don't listen... hmm... lagot ka!

I even caught the last portion of her 'spiel' on video. Will post that here 'pag luto na'!


Okay, pushback!

No don't ever push him hehe! He is lifeline here...
He is one of the boatmen, pulling the rope in, as our boat backed away from dock. Yey!

Generally calm waters! That's why I love early morning sea rides. They are usually calm, and becomes mesmerizing with the sun rising, starting to fill earth with light and color.

Oh, there's an island just nearby... That white structure is probably a lighthouse...
A boatman told me it is called Tabuk Islet. Tabuk or Tabok in Bisaya means "across" - and obviously so. This islet, or island (I think it is big enough) is just across the town center.

Off we went on our 'nearly an hour' ride to Kalanggaman Island! And...
Kalanggaman Island view from the sea
That's Kalanggaman! Drum roll, let the trumpets blow! My Royal Highness is arriving!

That's the next story. Abangan!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!   
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments