Kalanggaman "Report"

While having lunch at Wemdee's, I got a call from a good friend (long time client) who just woke up in Palermo (Italy) where she has meetings with her boss. She asked "when did you say would you be visiting Kalanggaman Island?"! Ibang klase maka-timing 'no?!

So, I said "I just got out of your dear little island and now having lunch at Palompon"! Thus, we talked. She was in the first place one of the reasons why I visited the island. Hmm, wasn't that supposed to be secret? Shhh, don't tell her I am telling you now hehehe! But I gave her a litany of my fresh Kalanggaman Island experience!

Here are some of what I told her:
It is a very small island, probably only a kilometer long including the sandbars. If you are bringing a ship with 3,000 passengers, they could be killing each other for every inch of space, OR, your little island will sink to the deep, whichever comes first! And we laughed!

But seriously, I said 300 vacationers on the island would be max for comfort. And if it is a weekend, you may even have to request the town's authorities that they close the island just for you. Which I am sure, they will be inclined to do so anyway, as they will make a pitch of their town by regaling your passengers with music, dances, and food!

Oh, I made this sound like a joke "better if you can advise your passengers to control, hold, prevent or stop any call of nature while on the island because there are not so many toilets, and the few that exist do not even have running water". We laughed again!

Lastly I told her "deploy your Filipino crews with the passengers, they'll be more than happy and proud to do so, while passengers will feel at ease knowing your ship's crews are with them. The rest of the show, I am sure the town will be happy to do it for you"!

And I ended this conversation with:
"Its a promising day-stop, I'll email more details tonight, afternoon where you are".

Ayun, phone call ended. Buti naman, as I already needed to get a ride to Tacloban hehe!

Which reminds me! OMG I have to send that email now, argh!
panoramic view Kalanggaman Island sandbar
And as for you my traveler friends, if anything positive comes out of things I said above, we could be competing with cruise-ship-loads of vacationers in the next few years! LGU Palompon may indeed have to close the island from time to time, for that - if my cruise director friend would request so! Wag na mag-selos. Luxury Tourist market yan eh!

Para sa bayan!

==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!    
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments