Prowling Palompon

Update 2016: I grabbed this photo from google maps to show you where I arrived! See the vans at left near the bakery? That is where you get off. And walk to the tourism office leftwards (I mean left of photo)!
So my van arrived at the Palompon transport terminal about three-thirtyish on a gloomy (yey, not raining) afternoon. From what I have "researched" on google, the tourism office which is also the jump-off point to Kalanggaman would be somewhere to my right. So I walked all the way there - just about 200+ meters and a chance to see the town center!

Probably just 3 minutes, I reached the church to my left and the Liberty Park to my right.
Behind the park is a colorful building that seemed to be what I was looking for.

I opted to walk-on passing by the park... and I reached PNB (Philippine National Bank)
Palompon Municipal Hall
It is a PNB Branch connected to the... oops! wait, wait... I don't like what I am saying... let's rephrase that into... The Municipal Hall that has a PNB Branch within its building!

I found this cute and curious. A private bank within (or is that physically attached to?) the very premises of a rural government office (municipal hall). There was no one to ask. Who knows, that PNB may have already been 'attached' to the municipal building way back when it was still a government bank. Pwedeng ganun, right? Anyway..

As I stood beside this PNB Branch, I realized, that the colorful building by the water's edge, must really be the tourism thing! So I walked past the park going to that building.
Ito na nga yun! This is it! The Palompon Eco-Tourism Office!

I excitedly went there; asked about the trip to the island; I was told it starts at 6AM! So I was wrong all along, assuming that it starts at 7AM! The folks there told me I have to be at this place before 6AM tomorrow so I can buy my ticket and be sure I will be on the first boat trip. And, I cannot buy my trip ticket now. It has to be on the day of departure which is tomorrow. Argh! I had no choice, so I said "ok thank you, I'l be here tomorrow"!

While walking away from that building, the surroundings looked inviting for a stroll, so, I stayed around looking here and there. And here are my late afternoon views...

That is the dock. Where I should be riding on one of those boats, tomorrow! Yey!

By the way, where I took that pic above, is a covered walkway going out, but still part of the eco-torism building. What I noticed as "cute" is that, there are small round tables in this area (see one on foreground?) where anyone can sit, I think, while waiting for their departure to the island, enjoying the sights, savoring snacks and/or all of the above!

The back? or front? (teka saan ba ang harap?) of this building is a nice "baywalk"...
With manicured loans and historical mementos, like that "banga" and marker at the end.

I went to the edge of the walk, and I saw this very tempting scene...
My feet itched to also jump-in with the kids. Mind you, many adults were jumping too!

Yes to my "infra"-inclined friends, I saw that thing on foreground. And yes, it is not just a simple crack. Either mainland is running away from the sea hehe, or, that "rip-rap" is starting to also jump-in, to the inviting sea water. Ayaw nyo? Kontrata din yan oi!

From that edge of the baywalk, I turned around to see this...
Palompon Eco-Tourism Office
That is how their eco-tourism office looks like from out here or out in the water! The other side faces Liberty Park and the poblacion area. Now let's repeat the question I asked earlier, is this the back or front of the building? Whatever - basta maganda!

Okay, I already knew where to go tomorrow, done with the views, and it was getting late, so had to start out and look for the nearest accommodation available (so help me God)!

Out of the park, I saw this...
seaside elementary school palompon
Nice name for a school, right?! Than what I saw sometime ago, Bukid Elementary School hehe, this one is a better name to recall! I'm guessing, I'm in 'Barangay Seaside'!

Ah, beside this school is the church, so I went there. That's the next story!


==========================================
 Click these numbers for a chronology of my notes:
01   02   03   04   05   06   07   08   09   10
11   12   13   14   15        Fifteen stories!   
==========================================
Or just click "Newer Post" or "Older Post" below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments