Swissotel The Stamford: My Views

We talked about the insides of my room in the previous post. And this was the last picture there..,
My room's terrace on the 48th Floor, where the most important thing I have to do tonight shall happen!

That's the main reason I got this room for an overnight stay, even if expensive, remember?

And this was the second pic of that previous post, which I said has many interesting sights in view..,
an "aerial view" of singapore from swissotel the stamford
That green field is called 'The Padang' ('padang' means 'field' in Malay). The Padang is a historic place for Singaporeans. Parang Luneta natin. Pero walang bayaning binaril dyan. That's where they first held their National Day Parade (1966) on Singapore's 1st birthday being a country separate from Malaysia.

In recent years their National Day Parade, usually referred to as NDP (parang Independence Day natin) had been held in more modern venues like their National Stadium and The Float @ Marina Bay, though it returned to this field in 2015 at it was Singapore's 50th anniversay. I hear every 5 years daw, dyan na ulit gagawin ang NDP nila. If you haven't yet, try watching their NDP. It is a morning 'til night spectacle!

To the right of the field, across the road, that rectangular building with a little blue dome on top of it, is the National Gallery of Singapore. No, it is not the National Museum of Singapore. Iba pa yun! Sa likod ng camera yun kumbaga. Kung saan ako galing kanina! But not that far, I think about 1 kilometer lang.

Still to the right, there are actually two buildings there. The one that looks like it has a flying saucer on top of it is Singapore Academy of Law (SAL). Hindi eskwelahan yan. Parang kung sa atin pa Philippine College of Surgeons ang tunog. Yung SAL na yan mabigat yan. Kasama dyan ang parang SolGen and Bar Association nila, lahat yata ng me kinalaman sa batas, pati na ang Supreme Court. That's why the building is more commonly called "Supreme Court". Pati sa katabing building, they also have offices.

Si katabing building, yun parang me pink line sa wall is a mall (The Adelphi?). Dyan meron din offices ang SAL - meeting and/or function rooms. Yun ang napuntahan ko when I once conducted a training!

Those with red roofs sa unahan ng Padang, parang CCP natin yan. There's also an Arts House and the Asian Civilizations Museum. The red roofs sa unahan ng National Gallery is their Parliament Building. It's nice walking around those buildings, kahit hindi ka pumasok - but the Asian Civilizations is a must.

Then that is the Singapore River, and those little houses across the river are the many shops, hostels, etc of Clarke Quay, Boat Quay at kung anu-ano pang ki! Always many Pinoys dyan, working or pasyal.

So okay, tapos na? No, hindi pa!

Below is the same view from my terrace as the above picture, but looking a little bit downwards..,
an "aerial view" of singapore from swissotel the stamford
That church on lower right corner of the photo is St. Andrews Cathedral. There are many Filipinos who hear mass at this church especially on Sundays. Ako, dyan magsisimba bukas. Laging masaya dyan!

Oh, to the left of the picture, sa Padang ulit, do you see those multicolored dots on the field, that look like pixels? Those are people on their exercise mats doing some kind of yoga exercise! I can hear up at this room (48F) yung microphone ng leader nila giving instructions.., counting.., while they exercise.

So yun na ba ang view na pinaka-aasam? Where fireworks will come from?

No, hindi pa, I just showed you the direct front view from my room in the pictures above. Remember at check-in, the Pinay front desk girl affirmed that my room had a very good view but a little to the side?

So, from where I stood on the terrace, turning a little bit to my left side, this was what I saw...
view of marina bay from swissotel the stamford in Singapore
That would be some 35 to 40 degree angle from where my terrace faces. Yet still a clear view enough, as I only need to turn a bit to face there and watch the fireworks - like I did now when I took the photo!

Yes, that is Marina Bay! And I could even see the most popular tourist attractions in the area - such as, The Marina Bay Sands! At the foot of its left tower is the all-white tulip-inspired ArtScience Museum!

Hey, to the left of the ArtScience Museum, left edge of picture, I even caught part of The Helix Bridge on that shot. Aba ang galing ko hehe! Tsamba! Well, for those not in the know, it is actually a "Double Helix" in the form/structure of the DNA, but is an artful real footbridge, merry-mixing art and science!

A bit lower, still on that left edge of the photo, if you're familiar with it, I can even see the stage portion of 'The Float@Marina Bay' (yung rectangular green na parang golf driving range from this far). I heard there is to be a new year countdown party and concert by international singers dyan mismo mamya!

The Float@Marina Bay is a big wide area by the way. What is seen in the picture is just kakapiranggot na backstage area lang ng floating platform (stage). How big is that place? Ah, that floating platform (steel) is 120 meters long. Imagine yung 100 meter dash na takbuhan? Mas mahaba pa dun! Not seen in the picture is its grandstand that can sit 27,000 people. Na-imagine mo? That's why many times na, their NDP were held there, lumalanding din mga skydivers dyan. Yung Singapore Grand Prix, dyan din!

On left foreground of the picture are the 2 prominent durian-like roofs of the "Esplanade Theatres On The Bay". Kung sa atin pa, parang CCP-PICC-folk Arts Complex! Umiilaw din ang mga bubong na yan.

And yeah, it is so tiny from this vantage, but at center of the picture is the famous Singapore Merlion! "Di ka daw pumunta ng Singapore kung di ka nagpa-kodak dyan! Saan yan? Try drawing an imaginary diagonal line from corner to corner of that picture above. Where the two lines intersect, nandoon ang Merlion bumubuga ng tubig! Nasa gilid, sa left side nung highway. Hard to see since it looks so small!

Actually, it is a similar picture as below.., though taken a bit later.., gumagabi na...

So, fireworks will emanate from that body of water.., the Marina Bay itself. If you were wondering from specifically which part of the bay fireworks will shoot up from, see the red arrow in this photo below.
view of marina bay with the fireworks area marked
That circular installation (like a sun with rays) is where fireworks will shoot from at midnight!

With this view, I sad "it is almost fantastic"! Yeah, almost lang, as of now. Why? Because it remains to be actually seen. And as to how fantastic will it be. I am already sure I will see it clear from this room! Wohoa, so all fireworks will actually be shooting up from a wet origin. How do they do that? Amazing!

Oh I have seen at the pyro-olympics at SM MOA, fireworks can actually ignite and still make their way up even from underwater. Grabe ang technology! The masters of this kind of 'show' must have already honed (probably perfected) their skills merging the art and science of gun powder, to entertain us 'no?

My thoughts are racing as I write this.., it probably could have been better if I were some two or three rooms to the left? Then again, who knows, di ba? Malay natin, those rooms to my left may have issues that I don't have, right? Or they could be the 'even more expensive ones', right?! Ah, tao lang, insatiable!

As of now... I am all anticipation. And happy. And excited!

Look! From the desk, I could see the Marina Bay Sands and the Esplanade...
"aerial view" of singapore from swissotel the stamford
That means I don't even have to go out of the room and unto the terrace for me to enjoy the fireworks!

Teka, did you notice? That above is essentially just one view, pero ang dami ko nang nai-kwento!

Haaay, ang tao pag excited, kung anu-ano ang iniisip at naiisip, 'no?!

How about we grab some dinner? Buti pa!

Post a Comment

0 Comments