Swissotel The Stamford: My Room

Alrightieee, I was done with check-in and immediately went to find my room on the 48th floor. I'm here now, it's probably too early to tell, but I can say, if check-in was chaos, this room is, the exact opposite.
room at swissotel the stamford with a view of clarke quay in singapore
I cannot say this room is ultra luxurious with new, first class amenities, or hi-tech things we all usually hear about 5-star hotels. This one is actually old, with aged things around, and even almost bare. Still, my relief from that check-in counter pandemonium, made me savor the peace and quiet in this room!

I did remind myself about the 'bottomline' why I chose this hotel.., to witness the new year fireworks at Marina Bay, later at midnight. I needed that reminder, because, if I would bother myself with the worth of this room versus the price I paid, I could die of frustration - if there is such a thing! Carpet color and design pa lang, parang Silahis Hotel circa 1986! So I told myself, I am paying for the view. Sige na nga!

So, where is this expensive view, aber?!

Eto yun... plus the fireworks show later tonight..,
an "aerial view" of singapore from swissotel the stamford
From the terrace, that's my direct view now. Historic things but let's talk about them later. Madami eh!

Meantime, I am supposed to, because I wanted to show you the rest of this room!

As I sat on the writing desk, those are the 'two big beds' that the check-in clerk told me. Okay sige..,
simple but luxurious! two beds on a room at swissotel the stamford singapore

Still from the desk, a view of the TV, dresser, door to the bathroom, the main door. etc..,
view of the foyer and front area of a room at swissotel the stamford in Singapore

And that is the desk, the TV, the dresser viewed from the bed! Whadyathink?😜
working desk and TV set in front of the beds at a room in Swissotel the Stamford, Singapore
I know what you're thinkin, same question I have: is this really a 5-star hotel? Okay fine, kung ayaw nyo ng "parang Silahis Hotel".., oh eh di "parang Philippine Village Hotel"! Waaaheheh for those of you who cannot relate, just try doing your own research on Philippine Village and Silahis Hotels of yesteryears!

O eto.., baka sabihin nyong I'm exaggerating. Tingnan nyo yellowish na! Pati vincard gasgas na!
old vincard and room control panel at swissotel the stamford

Ang talepano.., I'll call you on the telephone hehehe. But I like the notepad ha?! Just the right size!
vintage landline telephone and note pad at swissotel the stamford singapore

Thermostat dial ang tawag dito. Sa kanan yung HI MED LO for the air speed. Oh ha? Alam ko pa!
air-condition old thermostat dial at swissotel the stamford singapore

Baka sakali ang dala mo eh Tower PC na walang WiFi! Modern na rin naman sila (10 years ago)!
old LAN Port at swissotel the stamford singapore

And yes, they have 'universalized' some of their electric sockets, while some remain Singaporean!

And I like this drawer.., it has a Bible by Gideons, The Teaching of Buddha by Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai
Kasama si Wong Kei-Ying, Master of the Shadowless Kick by HBO! Complete spiritual treasure trove!

I do think, this hotel is not at all wanting on amenities. Look, there's a Haute Couture TWG box..,
min-bar and coffee amenities at swissotel the stamford in Singapore
In that box, left side lang and TWG. Sa kanan, the hotel's sugar pouches and Nescafe 'stick' sachets!

And 4 bottles of 'free' water. Yes 4 bottles as the room is good for 4 people daw. Tapos mag-isa ako :(
close-up view of free bottled drinking water at swissotel the stamford in Singapore

Ah, etong mga ito.., me bayad lahat ito! Di ko na inalam. basta, mahal!
mini-bar amenities at swissotel the stamford in Singapore

Well, I truly like the big wide mirrors.., almost the length of the entire bathroom!
big mirrors and wide sink area of a room at dwissotel the stamford in Singapore

How old is Waterfront? Because their bathroom sink styles are about the same... aged hehehe!
view from the entrance door - toilet of a room at swissotel the stamford in Singapore

Ah, I think, these toiletries are at least of the newer kind! Teka, sabi good for 4, eh parang 2 lang ah!
fancy dainty toiletry amenities at swissotel the stamford in Singapore
Did you know, inuuwi ko lahat yan? Yes, you know who you are na laging inaabangan ang mga 'yan 😅

Oh well, I know I am just here for the fireworks view. And, this is the tallest hotel in the area. So, as of now, I can't say I don't like it.., because, this terrace is the most important thing in this room for me..,
terrace with a good view of the city on the 48th floor of Swissotel the Stamford Singapore
About 45 degrees to the left is Marina Bay (yes, clear view), so I expect a 'good vantage'. This, by the way is the 48th floor. I would normally not even open that door when my room is this high. But tonight is a different occasion. I surely will be out there. Huwag lang sana ako ilipad ng malakas na hangin!

Let's talk about views next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments