Cebu to Singapore 20161222

Almost Christmas 2016! Isang tulog pa before Christmas Eve! Oops, why is my picture like so?
Duty Free Area of Cebu International Airport
Cebu Airport international wing pre-departure area

Ah eh, this, plus a few succeeding stories maybe "out of topic" on this blog (Philippine Travel Notes). I beg your indulgence, pasensya na, please bear with me. I need to write my stories here and now, due to insistent readers (family/friends) wanting to know where I go and how I go about it, even if abroad!

Plus, I do not have other blogs to capture my out-of-the-country travels (na paminsan-minsan din lang naman). But, I will try my very best, to relate every story to the Philippines and/or the Filipinos - if only to appear to be relevant, to the original theme of this blog, which is Philippine Travel Notes! Okidoks?

Okay... so here I am, writing this story on a flight from Cebu to Singapore. I'll probably be able to finish this post while bumming around, 'making tunganga', at waiting lounges of Singapore's Changi Airport!

Yesterday evening, I flew to Cebu via Cebu Pacific Air from Tacloban and stayed at Waterfront Mactan overnight. They have a very nice Christmas Tree at the lobby ha?! And the live band was really superb!

Now I'm flying onwards to Singapore on Tiger Airways. I mean the real Tiger Air flight, not the one that is codeshared with Cebu Pacific - as if there's a difference; more precisely, as if this one is better 'no?!

I still like the service of/by Pinoy crews! But this flight was the most convenient to me in terms of time and price as this connects well (in $$$ terms) with another of their flights to Bali -my final destination.

That's why I said above, I will probably finish this post while bumming at Singapore Airport, because I have a very long transit time. But that is "Changi Airport", therefore, I'll have many things to see or do!


Here I go! My notes at the Cebu Airport:
1. The Travel Tax thing is really still a nuisance. Argh!
2. The Terminal Fee Payment was a breeze. Milagro! So, nothing much about it now!
3. That unnecessary check BEFORE Immigration is still an irritant!
4. Some funny notes on the Immigration Card. Just 'philosophizing' hehe!
5. Some notes at/about the Pre-Departure Area! Includes the smoking room!
6. Angal din sa loob ng eroplano, mygaaad!
Detailed stories about these 6 topics will be posted as separate clickable (linked) topics!

Now now.., from the 6 topics above, why is it looking like my Christmas is about to be ruined? Oh Eh... ganyan na/pa lang talaga ang bansa natin, and I have learned to not let these things ever ruin the fun of/about/during my travels! If you believe in the saying that "travel is not all about the destination but also about going there and back".., ayun, going out-of or in-to the Philippines is a grueling adventure!

Oh ha?! And if you get through it still sane and in one piece, call it success!

Mind you, some of my friends actually consider the Philippine Airport Experience a notable adventure. Like an obstacle course before (or after) enjoying your destination! You savor that exhilarating feeling of utter relief and heavenly freedom, the moment you're out of a Philippine Airport. Sensation din yan!

Well, about these "grueling adventures".., it's not only at Philippine Airports, excuse me lang! There are other countries with karimarimarim airport scenes too. This topic may even be book-worthy, actually!

Alright, I will have to end it here muna, but wait and look for those 6 topics any time soon, plus more!

Better yet, keep watch on my next blog entries!

Post a Comment

0 Comments