Skimboarding Camp

Because I have been passing by this place, and I saw that this "development" had been inching along, now that it already has a name, even if not yet done, I dared peep, perchance learn more. Atrevida ba?!
signboard of San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
I know what a "skimboard" or "skimboarding" is, but I was curious about the "camp" portion. Curious if this site would be a place where they teach skimboarding or where skimboarders camp in, or both.

I wondered too why this thing is up a hill when skimboarding is down at water's edge...
the clubhouse of San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
Okay alright, there's already a path albeit temporary or still in the making, so I walked up there to ask.

Ohhlalala, I got no definitive answers to any of my questions. But I got a slew of other information, I think was awesome enough and worth knowing anyway! That this house is going to be a restaurant; that the men building this house (who I bothered with my questions) are volunteers - being sons and husbands of the members of a women's organization who will own and manage this new endeavor!

A project of Gina Lopez and the ABS-CBN Foundation. Oh okay, so parang Saob Cave.

They allowed me to roam around even while they were still working on many things...
open wooden terraces with a view of the beach and the sea at San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
Like this big terrace-like open-air thing will have tables and chairs soon. And you cannot see this from the road as this faces the sea. Maganda ha?! I mean aside from a wonderful view of the entire length of the beach, there's the scenic vista of the expansive Leyte Gulf and the southern portions of Samar!

Mind you, this terrace and stairs, though made of wood, is not just a simple so-so structure...
open wooden terraces with a view of the beach and the sea at San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
Look, at the end of that bridge-like thing is another deck where tables and chairs will soon be in place!

And this is why I said above, that this "is not just a simple so-so structure..."
open wooden terraces with a view of the beach and the sea at San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
It follows the natural contours of this rocky hill all the way down to the fine sands of the beach. Any of those steps and landings are viewdecks in themselves! Ah, sandamukal sandamakmak na photo-ops!

I turned around, and that is how the house looks from these seaside wooden terraces...
the clubhouse of San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
Some of the wooden chairs and benches are already there! And the men told me, when the restaurant opens, they will also serve alcoholic drinks and chilled beers. Yun! Tapos ang usapan! Me panalo na!

They are even also building huts/cottages down on the beach just beside the highway...
beach side open cottages at San Jose Skimboarding Camp along the highway in San Jose Dulag Leyte
The wooden terraces are over at those trees at right. So, I asked a worker if this is still part of the skimboarding camp, and he said yes for bigger families and those with seniors and little children.

Mahusay! Opening soon daw! Where is this? Dulag Leyte. By its border with Tolosa.

So okay, therefore... Douglas MacArthur!!! [that means "I Shall Return"]

Comments