Lost In Leyte, Happily!

Have you ever been lost during your travels, and you felt happy about it - not on hindsight but while you were in the midst of being lost? It seldom happens, right? But that was just what happened today!

After that delectable lunch at Baybay, off we went for the long drive to Tacloban via Mahaplag. In no time we were already cruising the road past Abuyog, the skies still sunny. Still early to be in Tacloban. Hmm, I saw signage that said "resort"! Thus, I asked driver to go back a bit, so we could check it out!

This was that signage, pic taken after we have made a u-turn. We were facing Abuyog this time!
signage on the side of the highway pointing to a Domingo Beach Resort in MacArthur Leyte
We followed the arrow by making a left turn unto some narrow roadway - concrete only at the start!

A little distant, but I said let's keep going, it should be there somewhere, in no time... hopefully hehe
The trees and the greens were a wonderful sight. And, no traffic! We haven't even seen any vehicle!

But driver started to worry we may have already been lost. Almost a kilometer, no resort yet hehe
I was not at all concerned though. I knew the highway where we came from is supposed to be coastal and we veered seaward (I thought), so wherever we ended up, it must not be far from the highway.

I didn't see any semblance of a resort, restaurant, the word "Domingo" or drawing of a fish! Until this
We could read the word "welcome", everything else was faded and there was nobody in this vicinity but barking howling dogs hahaha! But since I could see the sea, I said let's move forward to that part!

Slowly, car inched to the water's edge. No humans! Even the barking dogs nag-cease & desist yata!
the beach in an unmanned resort in MacArthur Leyte
And what else would you do confronted by that kind of scene, di ba?! I went down to savor the fresh sea breeze and enjoy the mesmerizing views while hearing nothing but the lapping of the little waves!

I looked to the right, and this is what I saw...
the beach in an unmanned resort in MacArthur Leyte
Hmm, there is some kind of a little wharf. Therefore, this place must have commercial something in it if there is a 'pantalan'. But why is it so eerily silent devoid of humanity? But I'm not complaining, hehe!

I looked to the left, and this is what I saw...
the beach in an unmanned resort in MacArthur Leyte
Oh wow... a very long beautiful coastline, it must extend all the way to the town proper of MacArthur, even all the way to Mayorga and beyond. Wow! I sat under one of those coconuts... pahangin lang!

I probably spent half an hour just looking out to the vast sea, and side to side, the length of the beach with no humanity. Muni-muni kumbaga.., dreaming.., wishing I could get lost like this everyday hehe!

Until we left this place, I saw no people coming out of or into the houses around.

Well, the dogs will probably tell them later, that My Royal Highness visited!

Comments