Aguillon's Beach Resort

Because I liked the impromptu visits to the resorts in MacArthur and Dulag, I thought of being on alert for road signs that announced resorts along the way. Here is one in Tolosa - "Aguillon Beach Resort"...
Driver doubted, but I said "it could be good, me Norway flag eh" hehe! So we went forth looking for it!

Like in the previous resort we went to find... the road also seems deserted...
But I like the greens on both sides of the road - but that overgrowth makes my driver a little bit uneasy.

And... hehehe... also like in the previous resort, the concrete road was only enr the highway...
"Ano sir, tutuloy pa ba tayo?" asked the driver. And I said "sige, ayun o me nakikita na akong blue flag"!

We thought that one straight ahead could be the resort, but the signage says turn left...
O eh turn-left kung turn-left! Especially that I sensed the sea (of course the beach) was still a little far!

There oh dear! My heart pounded fast again... my feet itched again... it's the beach just ahead!
So this is called Aguillon's Beach Resort. And, oh so this is the famed Brgy. Tanghas of Tolosa, Leyte!

I've heard about a fine resort in this area years ago... but definitely not this one (I was sure)...
Ample parking space. But be warned, you who might come with automobiles or bigger vehicles: you have to choose your parking spot wisely. This area is already the fine and very soft beach sand. Don't be like us. Ah, we parked on that spot I marked with a green circle, and later found that we were stuck!

I was just lucky, while we were contemplating on what to do, a vehicle of a humanitarian organization came and just easily pulled us out of that real quagmire! That vehicle did not come to save us, by the way. It was just a very lucky coincidence (for us) that the passenger was like me, mang-oosyoso rin!

Anyway, that happened when we were about to go. But let us go inside first!

Driver grinning, called out to me saying "sir sir, bubot"! (that means "butt", "buttocks", "ass")
Grinning too, I said "I know, right?"! Bakit naman kasi "taludtod" ang pambungad ng resort na ito hehe!

By the way too, it was already in my mind, but driver was first to comment that the two people on that monument have their feet on flags of the Philippines and Norway. Nice symbolism attempt. Yeah, nice try, BUT, surely that would be a no-no in both countries. In any country for that matter! Gintamakan ba!

We proceeded anyway, and I liked the 'rural ambiance' with 'modern touches' all over the place...
Bermuda grass on the decorative island is lovely. With colored floodlights. Must be pretty at night, no?

Nice too that every table or chair is on an elevated platform of either concrete or wood!
No worry about chairs sinking into the sand and spilling occupants on the ground! Labi na an hubog!

This was my guard cum tour guide cum companion during my entire visit!
I don't know his/her name, he/she did not tell me eh! Not epal, when I sit, he/she just sits beside me!

My favorite place in the entire facility... and the center of it all, I think!
Nice to lounge around here, doing nothing.., just looking out unto the beach and the sea.., ahhh life!

Oh yes, I just said it above, this was my view from the favorite vantage...
I was wishing I could sit out here until the moonlit evening. I think those lamps instigated the interest!

Like in the previous resort I visited at MacArthur, there were no humans around...
Everywhere I went, the views were all mine. Well, little doggie was beside me to share the panorama!

From the waterfront, where there are also tables and chairs, I looked to the left and saw this...
That sole protrusion in the distance would probably be Mt. Inapusong - still in Tolosa, and behind that would be the other hill and the Bislig Elementary School of Tanauan. Yep, I now know names of some places, thanks to many of you my readers who educated me, after I mentioned them without names!

I looked to the right, and it is an equally a log expanse of fine sandy beach...
There's a longer bigger pier out in the distance, than what I have seen at the other resort in MacArthur. I think this one is a private port, that of the oil depo (oil mill whatever), also still in this town of Tolosa.

Hey look at the right edge of that picture (above). There are some building ruins. Could it have been that good resort here in Tanghas that I heard about years ago? I wanted to ask, but no people around.

Alright, from the beach side, I turned around and this was my view...
That's still my favorite area of the resort, viewed from the sea. It has a big (folded) canopy umbrella.

Other spaces have different themes (if I may call them that). That one at the edge is made of wood.
But it also has an umbrella canopy, also retracted this time as it was not in use (wala ngang tao eh)!

On our way out of this resort, we got a chance to be face-to-face with the monument...
Looking at this... edifice, raised so many questions in our minds that we started laughing out loud as there was no one around to tell us if we were right or wrong about what they meant! Makalilisang!

If a picture paints a thousand words, lalo naman pag nasa harap ka ng nitso (ay, monumento)!

Hahaha, anyway... I loved being in this beach. Maybe I'll come back soon!

Comments