Wayang-wayang Beach Resort

sunset view from the terrace of a room in Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Dusk view from the terrace of my room at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort. 
I have seen and mentioned this place before. But I did not even take a peep. This time I needed to stay overnight in Allen but not or R&R (so I was not looking for a sandy beach), and this place was suggested by a friend. So I told myself "Wayang-wayang it is"!

Pleasantly surprised that there were no guests nor visiotrs on a Friday noontime!
beach dining cottages at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
So driver and I had a luxurious choice of where to while the time away on this "beach"!

I already mentioned in a previous story, right? There is really no real beach here. It is some kind of a "breakwater" that the resort topped with white sand, to make it appear that you are on a real white sandy beach! Which, is a common practice in many places!

Timely, I was starving when we arrived at this place. So, lunch was in order!
food and drinks menu at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Impressive list of dishes on their menu. And hey, those I wanted were available - naman!

42 minutes for these to arrive at our table was rather a long wait (wala ngang tao eh)
pinakbet and pork steak Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
That is just pinakbet, rice and pork steak that we ordered. Plus the shake and softdrinks!

I had a theory why it took that long... tinatamad si waitress maglakad ng pabalik-balik, so hinintay nya lahat magawa lahat ang orders, bago ihatid sa table namin! Otherwise, the shake and softdrinks could have come ahead or after the main entre, right?

I even joked at the driver that by the time he wanted to enjoy his shake, all the ice would have already melted, and by the time I started sipping on my second bottle of coke, it would have been already boiling hot like the noon sun!

And the driver added his view that: if we were not staying overnight in ths place, baka pati yung bill dinala na rin ng waitress na yan - pati sukli as in exact change" together with all of the above" hahaha! Ah well, that is provincial customer service!

Speaking of 'overnight', this was the room given to us... impressive!
view of a room upon entry at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Other than the color that makes it darker, I did not expect theri rooms to be this good!

Bamboo beds with comfortably soft-enough mattresses and pillows...
beds at one of the rooms of Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
I am not an avid fan of flowery designs, but even those sheets are good looking enough.

Everything is clean. All housekeeping staff remove their footwear when they enter!
inside view of a room at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Well, that white A/C unit is beside and as big as the TV! Good its new clean and silent!

Did you notice the walls? Its concrete of course, but boarded up with real wood!
inside view of a room with big mirror at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
That wooden highlight was unfortunately lost due to the reddish paint on the concrete.


Hands down, this was the best part of the room!
a room's terrace with a view of the sea and the islands at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Not just because I could smoke out here hehe, it has very good view of the sunset (see first picture above) plus a haze of the islands of San Antonio and Capul on the horizon!

Anyway, we had dinner elsewhere, so let's fastforward to the next day!

This was breakfast, already waiting for me when I came down at 7AM.
breakfast at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
I appreciate the promptness, but who on earth ever wants a cold breakfast?

When we wanted to check-out, there was no one in this building...
front office of Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
We had to ask a waitress passing by to tell anyone we were waiting to check-out.

Actually we already paid yesterday (but no receopts yet given)
check-in and check-out reminders at the front office of Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
And on our way out of the room, the housekeeping staff already took the key for their ceremonial room check - just in case I stashed the fridge or bathtub into my backpack!

Well, because of waiting for the staff, I had a chance to notice cute things like these...
a mushroom shaped figurine path light at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
Its a path light, and made of cement! Galing! Nice cute little things abound in this place.

And I took this pic from the parking lot while driver loaded our things...
view of resort grounds from the parking lot at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort, Allen Northern Samar
This is one good resort - if you talk about the structure or infrastructure.

Even the food was good enough for me. The housekeeping folks were fine too. So, my tip to those of you who might be coming to this resort - avoid the more experienced or higher position staff. Sila ang mga tamad, mga sanay na naka-tunganga the whole day!

Fact is, I will come back. I just know what to watch out for!

Post a Comment

0 Comments