An Impostor at Ram's Grill House

signboard of Ram's Grill House at night, in Allen Northern Samar
Nothing much that I have to say about this place, except that there was an impostor!

I was checked-in at Wayang-wayang Beach Resort and had lunch there. So I wanted to have dinner at some other place - perhaps also see the nightlife in Allen, if any! My driver knows I prefer nearby places, so he drove towards Allen proper (than make an hour-long trip to Calbayog). We like simple homecooked meals. And a SML or two for me.

We were already about to enter town proper, yet still nothing caught our attention. Then driver asked "sir, Paradise"? - referring to Paradise Inn and Parrot Cafe that we visited last month. We were already nearing the place. So I said "sige na nga, kung wala nang iba"!

As the car slowed down, I saw that signboard (picture above). So I said, "subukan yan"!

So, sinubukan! We had this... pork ribs... shared.
pork ribs at Ram's Grill House in Allen Northern Samar

We also had this... grilled tanguigue... shared.
grilled tanguigue at Ram's Grill House in Allen Northern Samar

And this is my cup of fried rice.
a cup of fried rice at Ram's Grill House in Allen Northern Samar
Ayos na! Masarap! Uneventful!

I happily sat there drinking my SML, listening to the restaurant's piped-in music, checking my phone messages etc., while driver obviously flirted with the waitresses!

Then I saw something crawling in my peripheral sight... my chinky eyes widened!

This! Even from afar, I know that shell, it's the common garden snail. Takyong in Cebu!
hermit crab inside a garden snail's shell at Ram's Grill House in Allen Northern Samar
It was crawling at an incredibly fast pace than usual, I almost jumped out of my seat!

After looking at it "analytically", I realized and exclaimed "ang hayop na ito, impostor! Isa kang impostor"! I think I said that too loudly as it attracted the attention of my driver and the two waitresses hehe! They all came near me and curiously gathered around it!

Good I was the only customer at the time, since driver does not (cannot) drink! So we were like children having fun observing it walk about. Even the cook came to look at it!

I am familiar with hermit crabs, that they live just in borrowed shells (at times even in softdrink cans!), but this was first time for me to see one living inside the 'thinner' shell of a garden snail. That shell that moves slow was suddenly hyper! I thought I was drunk!

As if to satisfy my curiosity, the crab walked under my chair and paused there a while!
hermit crab inside a garden snail's shell at Ram's Grill House in Allen Northern Samar
Hmm, paused or posed?! I even shot it on video! I think its already too big for the shell.

So that is my "impostor" story hehehe!

That's why I love traveling. It makes me see more of the world!

Post a Comment

0 Comments