Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant

Laureen's Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant. That is the complete name of this place located in the Port of Allen also called Dapdap Ferry Terminal, or Balwharteco Port - I'm not sure if there are any "other" names for this pier or pantalan in Allen Northern Samar!

Anyway, I went to Pahayahayan not to check-in. I just went with a business associate (my ka-meeting at BCAT) who needed to talk to someone as their venue was the hotel lobby. I was not part of the interview nor their topic. I just 'inserted' my self to see the hotel!

Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant viewed from the parking lot of BALWHATECO Allen Port in Allen, Northern Samar
That is how the hotel looks like from down at the very wide parking area. Wide as it is, this place could get jammed with all sorts of vehicles when a RORO departs or arrives.

That door half covered by this white van is the entrance (to the ground floor restaurant)
entrance of Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant in Allen, Northern Samar
There's a staircase in there, going to the hotel lobby and rooms at the second floor. You see that terrace up there? That was my target on this visit (to see the views from there)!

Ah, inside that door by the terrace is the hotel lobby. This...
the little front desk and lobby of Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant in Allen, Northern Samar
A small cozy nook, fit for a small hotel (notice the "front desk")! But it's clean and orderly.

I did not see the rooms, but here is their rate sheet displayed at that little front desk!
rate sheet of Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant in Allen, Northern Samar
They have rates for 12-hour stays! Which I think, is really apt for the transiting travelers.

And this is the view from the terrace that I've been wanting to see...
a view of the ROROs, the vehicle parking areas and BLAWHARTECO main building from the terrace of Pahayahayan Hotel & Restaurant in Allen, Northern Samar
A nice enough 'overview' of what this place is all about. There were three RORO vessels docked (far end, left and behind of that globe adboard). On left foreground, I counted six buses and a delivery van. Am not sure if they just got off or awaiting to board the RORO.

I spent too much time watching those big buses and trucks riding or disembarking from the RORO. Ah I know some curious little kids (like me) can spend a whole day ogling at those vehicles come and go! 3F (a roof deck?) is a better vantage. But I did not go there.

Oh hey, the "inner part" of the restaurant is more of the "outer"! It is a big wide terrace out there with a good view of the sea and everything about it. I didn't take a pic, there were so many diners I could be attacked for doing so without their permission. Afraid!

Lastly, I learned from the staff that many offices in this town order their food from this place whether for special occasions or just simple lunches. Hmm, that means its good?!

Okay, nice find, I guess!

Post a Comment

0 Comments