Just Passing-by Rosvenil and Socsargen

Emerging from that breakfast at DSI (that means Dahil Sa Iyo oy!), I went on with my walk along Burgos St., back to Lai Rico to prepare for meeting uli at Hotel Alejandro.

Beside DSI (just one house/building after), is an old house I wanted to see. This:
I always liked looking at that old house ever since my youthful years. It was wooden and old-era-style. Well, it still is, though already concreted, yet retaining the old look.

If you noticed, the structures on the sides and at the back are new (even unfinished) and bigger. They do not just seem to be 'rebuilding after Yolanda'. They are growing.

And I have a "story" about that old house. It became Rosvenil Pensione, long before Yolanda came. Though I haven't stayed there, I already heard about 'what it was like'.

Let's not anymore recount 'what it was like' basta something that wouldn't have been on my radar (before Yolanda) other than "one of the best-looking old wooden houses".

Until yesterday, when I caught My Royal Highness and the Hotel Alejandro frontdesk staff begging them on the phone, for just one single room, to no avail. Fully booked!

It was also yesterday that I heard the Hotel Alejandro staff mention, that this one is not anymore called a "pensione" but a "hotel". In my mind I said 'well, things change'.

So, because of the dearth of hotel rooms in this city, they are now part of my 'list' of hotels to call, if I need accommodation. Ay, I'm not joking, rooms are few nowadays.

Not that all hotels were totally wrecked by the wind or the surge. Only a few, in fact. But, there've been an influx of humanitarian aid people, all needing accommodation.

Even the seemingly rundown or seedy ones are also fully booked at months on end. Some of these people from all over the world have even resorted to renting houses.

Sa mga mahilig mag-"short time", not in Ormoc or Tacloban. Puno lahat - everyday!

Alright.., then I moved the camera a bit to the right for this - Socsargen Restaurant:
Before Yolanda, they were already a known medyo upscale restaurant (not turo-turo). I have been there I think only once because their servings are/were for two or more.

I knew too, that Socsargen food was best for lunch and/or dinner. So, I didn't expect that at 7:30AM ayan o, open sila! Well, my only visit was in 2003 or 2004 pa yata eh!

I peeped and noticed that most of the 'breakfasters' seemed to be those checked-in at Rosvenil. The hotel's 'free breakfast', I suppose. Good to note that as a new option.

One more thing, as we can see in that photo, the additional contructions of Rosvenil (at the back) are not yet finished. But it looks like they're into building better rooms?

Hmm, all the more thatthey should be on my list of hotels!

Oh, that bigger construction at right (that's already cor. Burgos and Juan Luna Sts.) is yet another hotel but not part of Rosvenil. How'd I know? I asked at a sari-sari store!

Saan? Ah, to the right (not in photo), across that big construction, is a sari-sari store. Bumili ako ng Coke, and casually asked "what is that building". Ayun, sinabihan ako!

Now, if that is the case, another new option!

Nice morning walk. I discovered new things.
#EasternVisayas #TravelPhilippines #Tacloban

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard