Dahil Sa Iyo

I went there today for breakfast, to relive the memories of yesteryears hehehe!
I am not a breakfast person, but on my morning walk today, I saw Dahil Sa Iyo. That made me try their food again - after so many years - lest I forget how they taste. Da!

I knew there would be something light that I can have for breakfast. And tsadaaan:
Tinola! Very light to the stomach, that's why most Warays eat that with rice. Am not a coffee person too, so the tinola broth is delectably best for me, than hot chocolate.

Well okay, I also got that orangy thing (that I don't know the name of), because it just came out of the kitchen, while I lined-up at the counter -na wala naman pila at 7AM!

Basta mabango yan, na pork ribs yata. Tunay na langhap-sarap, that's why I got one order. Heavy meal! It reminded me of my youthful days, na nakaka-apat na rice ako!

Even my parents then, napapa-extra rice sa lugar na ito!

This was 1 of Tacloban's "it places" in the '80s; di ko alam in the '90s; then it waned.
I can say that their food still look, smell and taste the same 'as they had been' in the past. Delectably lutong bahay. But, this place is 'not anymore as crowded as before'.

Ay, I should know heheh - from opening 'til closing, there were always lots of people all the way to the 2nd level, that their airconditioners were never enough, pero go ra!

Today, at 7AM of a Saturday, 3 tables lang kaming customers - 1 person per table.

Is that good or bad? Hmm, that would depend on whose point-of-view you're on. The realistic bottomline is: I don't think Dahil Sa Iyo is folding soon. No, I do not think so.

Eh tingnan mo na lang yung dami ng pagkain na hinain nila at start of day (7AM)!

Me, I liked it that there was no crowd. Maybe because they just opened for the day? Oy, that means I should peep one day, on a lunchtime, to see if they still draw crowds.

Well, someone told me sometime ago, that Dahil Sa Iyo is now more of unaffordable than before. Note: she did not use the word expensive - and I readily understood her.

Ang 'that means' nyan is... oo nag-mahal na lahat sa mundo, syempre pati ang Dahil Sa Iyo. Kaso, di na kaya ng most-of-us dahil 'di naman ganoon ang itinaas ng sahod.

Example: 200+ iyang inorder ko sa taas. Wala pang Coke yan, because wala naman silang Coke, Pepsi lang hehehe! Maybe that is one reason why the crowds are gone.

Kumbaga, the restaurant is now pang-special occassion na lang, than pang-anytime.

Well, I still loved this morning's experience.

Nostalgia!
#EasternVisayas #TravelPhilippines #Tacloban

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard