Another Moon Story


moonrise from DZR Airport in San Jose Tacloban viewed from across the Cancabato Bay
Not everything has a story
Ah, if you like, you can make the story

Like that moon I now see
It always rises from the sea

It is history and never really A story
Well, tonight let me tell you my story


Ganito kasi yan it's like this sugad ito hini ingon ani... [pamati honey]

I walked out of Café Lucia, hindi nag-walk-out, naglakad lang, looking for yosi, naubusan ako kasi. The cafe's outdoor area is a "smoking also" place. But they don't sell yosi dahil daw kadiri. Okay, me ganun!

Mrs Manang Tindera at the waiting shed has a lot of cigarettes, except that, she didn't have Marlights. She suggested that I try checking out those other places beside Café Lucia. Yun, that is why I walked!
I saw this 'other place' that seemed to be a restobar or café or something like that. Basta, irignoman!

The name is Aguz. Look, their signboard says "Beer Garden". Hmm, me beerhouse pa pala these days!
entrance signboard of Aguz Beer Garden in Sagkahan Tacloban City
Oops okay, not "beer house", I stand erected.., "beer garden"! Teka, I'm not complaining hehe, syempre if it's a place like this, surely there must be some desk where they sell cigarettes, diba? I went in agad!

And I said to me myself and I... hmm beer house nga (aw beer garden gad ngayan)! Madilim, pero me colored lights, at amoy ano.., amoy... beer house nga eh! A quick cursory siplat at the many tables told me, that even in the dark "ambience", all eyes will probably grow and glow to look at you if you ordered SanMig Lights herearounds. Eh lahat yata ng nakita kong table eh "pulang kabayo" ang kasama. Litro!

But I was looking for cigarettes not beer, remember? I went straight inside and I stumbled upon tables by the edge of the bay. Yes, the water! Yes the Cancabato Bay! And OMG the moon was shining bright!
moonrise from DZR Airport in San Jose Tacloban viewed from across the Cancabato Bay
No waitress seemed to be coming my way in ages, so I sat on a table, whipped out my lowly talepano and click click clicked! This one above, and that other photo at the top of this article are two samples!

Who said walang gamit ang madilim na beer house (aw beer garden pala)? Meron! The moon is better viewed from such a dark place than say, Cafe Lucia or Astrodome or the road because there are bright lights there, that would affect human eyes' discernment of the moon's appearance. Amazingly ganun!

Caption Description (o' me ganito pa ha?): These shots were taken just a little after moon rise - which could have been better if I came earlier as the moonlight would have still been yellowish. There was a band of thick dark clouds moving very slow. So, it appeared as if ready to devour the moon as it rose!

Those house lights on the horizon, by the way, are from the residences and buildings at DZR Tacloban Airport area (San Jose). When planes takeoff along Runway 36, they add to a great skyline dusk view.

And that, is another Moon Story!

Post a Comment

0 Comments