Tacloban To Cebu To Davao

Time to get moving! Another connecting flight. This time I was traveling Tacloban to Cebu to Davao!

The Tacloban to Cebu leg was on Cebu Pacific Flight DG6572 leaving at 1120H and arriving at 1205H
Oh boy, oh golly.., was this a blessed morning or what! A group of nuns hogging the check-in counter delaying the smooth flow of passengers. As usual.., yes that is very usual.., they had baggage weight issues, even as a group. Their solution: take away some, then re-weigh; remove some, then re-weigh!

Haruy! This delayed everyone, but none could openly complain to these sisters. Hadlok han gaba!

For me, the overly idiotic part of this ceremony isn't the passengers and their excessive baggage, but that Cebu Pacific opens only one check-in counter for flights to Cebu. So, whether you've done online check-in or not, whether you have baggage or none, you still line-up at this one and only counter. Duh!

At other airports/airlines you can already use your electronic boarding pass, but not (yet) here.

That was at 0915H. At 1120H anyway, here we were taking off from DZR Airport's Runway 18..,


Maiba ako, look at one of the materials inside this plane. It's obviously already used but not that dirty.
Unlike that of Tiger Airways where things were not only gutay-gutay but nanlilimahid at nang-gigitata!

Anyway, here we were over the Balamban West Cebu Industrial Park as the plane circled to land..,
That wide industrial compound is Tsuneishi shipbuilding company, pagawaan ng pagkalalaking barko! Some of the biggest tankers in the world come from that shipyard. The smaller compound at left is a similar business - Austal - makes ferries, pati high speed boats pang-military (hindi pang Philippines)!

Banking left again, and we were over Apo Cement Corporation in Naga City. Yes factory ng semento!
I am curious about this area of the island of Cebu. The many times my flights passed over this side, I keep watching, those cement factories look like mines to me - yung parang sinisira ang kalikasan. But I don't hear people or groups complaining about them, so I guess they're not a threat to nature. Kaya?

Anyway, okay my flight from Tacloban arrived Cebu at lunch time. Just enough 'space' for lunch, since my flight to Davao on PAL was scheduled to depart at 1425H and expected to land at 1535H(335PM).

Huwag gayahin, hindi magandang gawain: I ordered a Chicken Joy Meal at Jollibee (to go), tapos sa loob ng Mabuhay Lounge ko kinain. I asked permission for this, it was readily given, BUT, the aroma of my ChickenJoy easily permeated all over the lounge. I was sure that would've disturbed some people.

Boarding commenced just as I finished eating the ChickenJoy hahaha. Here's a video from that flight!

So I arrived in Davao, I better sleep now. Wedding at 5AM - ng madaling araw!

Comments