Jimbaran Beach: Morning Walk

When at any place, particularly when on a break (vacation), I like walking the neighborhood areas of a place I'm staying at. Not ride anything nor run like jogging, just a leisurely walk. Not to buy something or taste anything. Just random walks. Come what may! It calms my senses and invigorates my soul!
Uluwatu St., Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
I was out, and the breeze at the beach was enticingly cool. But we strolled there last night. Okay, so I opted to walk out of Intercontinental Bali Resort initially on the street side and returning via the beach.

See? Many curious little things to ogle at. Sandamukal na kakanin briskly selling at 7:03AM. Good that I decided to walk this way! A lot of them look like our mga kakanin, but all in one place, by one vendor!
local delicacies sold in the mornings at Uluwatu St., Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
Siguro naman 'di lang isang pamilya ang gumawa, nagluto at nagbalot ng lahat ng 'yan, 'no? Ang dami grabe! Maraming fried, me steamed, me baked. Karamihan naka-plastic, yung iba sa dahon ng saging.

Sorry I didn't buy, much less taste anything. Mahina ako sa mga ganyan, so hanggang tingin lang tayo dyan. Buti sana kung beer and mga yan! But I alerted a foodie vlogger para isama sa bucket list niya!

I got curious, matamis kaya lahat ng mga iyan? Eh umaga, so breakfast nila ito? Na matamis?

Anyway, on the same side walk, eto naman ang sunod na nagpalaki ng mga singkit kong mata..,
pre-cut flowers being sold in the mornings at Uluwatu St., Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
Hinimay na bulaklak! At sako-sako ang dami. The rest of these were in a pick-up truck. Bakit hinimay? There's nothing like that in our country, well at least I haven't yet seen anything like it. So I asked them.

Yun, the vendor told me "for the gods". Ah okay, naalala ko, yun mga bulaklak na ino-offer nila sa mga altar nila. And I really thought pinipitas lang nila ang mga yan sa kung saan-saan. Big business pala! I learned this vendor sells both wholsale and retail (I saw customers buying whole sacksful from her).

Ganito.., these are some of those that they sell on retail basis, sold per piece of little basket/tray!
pre-cut flowers being sold in the mornings at Uluwatu St., Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
Naalala ko, I saw two of these yesterday, sa dashboard nung airport taxi na sinakyan ko! I think this is like what we do with the sampaguita garland - isinasabit sa santo or sa rearview mirror na may rosary.

Salak. Vendors told me this is an original Bali fruit (endemic?). They said it is sweet like sugar!
Salak being sold in the mornings at Uluwatu St., Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
At first they told me that is "snake fruit", siguro dahil foreigner ako, and they were trying to explain that the skin looks and feels like that of a snake nga naman! When I asked them what's it called in Bahasa, they said Salak. Not sure if I have seen this kind of fruit in Mindanao. Bukidnon? Ah, I think.., not yet!

I just enjoyed walking along the main road, and when I checked, I've walked more than a kilometer!
Jalan Yoga Perkanthi, Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
So I turned left to this narrow street (Jln. Yoga Perkanthi) that looked good adorned with Indian Trees.

Which became another surprise and discovery..,

I found out this little street is lined with high-end hotels, resorts, restaurants, even massage clinics!
entrance of Jimbatan Puri Bali, Jln Yoga Perkanthi, Indonesia
Such as this one with a little unassuming entrance, am not sure if I can even call this a driveway!
But I discovered it is actually a Belmond facility! I peeped in, OMG, it's big like a community of its own!

Then I reached the beach.., yes, this is Jimbaran Beach..,
Jimbaran Beach

I looked to the right, and this was what I saw..,
Jimbaran Beach
White sand, stretching all the way to Kedonganan Beach, Tuban Beach and the tip of the runway!

I looked to the left, and this was what I saw..,
Jimbaran Beach
This is the heart of Jimbaran Beach. The sprawling 'Intercontinental Bali Resort' will be somewhere in the middle before it curves; after that would be 'Le Meridien Bali @Jimbaran'; followed by many famed open air and fine restaurants; more resorts curving all the way to 'The Four Seasons Resort' on the hill!

Seldom would the public see these frontages of resorts and restaurants being literally empty..,
Jimbaran Beach
That's why walking on this beach in the early mornings has its distinct advantages, if I can call it that!

Look, even the permanent beach kiosks of 'Belmont's Jimbaran Puri Bali' are all still empty!
Jimbaran Beach
From afternoons to late nights this place usually teem with people, though not as boisterous as Kuta.

Tired walking? It is also a nice idea to sit down and just people watch - even if there are not so many!
Tourist Joggers at Jimbaran Beach

Or people-watch and dog-watch simultaneously.., pwede rin, like what those two men are doing!
cute dogs play in the sand at Jimbaran Beach
There are two pretty doggie-dogs, in case you didn't see them both, like what happened to me hahaha! That's why my photo is too close. I walked near, not aware there already was the first dog. Cuteness!

I paused for a while, doing nothing, just looking at the sand, listening to the waves. It felt like home!
Jimbaran Beach
Jimbaran Beach
I knew, as the day lingered on, it would become harder and harder to snap a photo devoid of humanity. Not that I don't like people.., but sometimes, places like these are more relaxing with less of them. Da!

Here's a short video clip of how the waves play in this beach:

After a short muni-muni, I headed back to Intercon for a hefty buffet breakfast, as usual.

Well, if Julia Morley keeps saying "beauty with a purpose", I liked "walking without a purpose"!

Comments