Microtel By Wyndham: Acropolis


Another event, another activity in my exciting life. This time, venue was at the Acropolis Clubhouse in Greenmeadows QC. Evening-to-night-time event, so no need for too much thinking, this meant that the going-home time would be way too late in the night (if not the wee hours of the morning), plus, I could be drunk (if not wasted). Meaning, going home (to Fairview) would not have been even near practical.

Thus, the need for me to find a place to stay overnight, and the easy choice was Microtel Acropolis!
Front Desk of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
Not that I have stayed in this hotel before (I haven't even seen it yet), but being a Wyndham member, I already knew and know the quality of stay (yes, me ganun?) I would experience. Not grand, but good!

Not to mention that this hotel sits right beside the gate of this posh village (Acropolis). How do I know that? A eh, even if I had been Visayas-based the past 7 or so years, in the decade immediately prior to that, I worked my ass in a (9AM to 9PM) office based inside Eastwood City - just across the road (C5)!
Foyer and exterior of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
I still communicate with friends and lovers there (plural? hahaha), so they told me about this Microtel branch, where I could just walk to Acropolis! But there's a catch that no one knew until I experienced it! Because I was walking, on entry, the guards took my ID - if I were on a cab, they would've gotten the driver's ID or license, right? Eto pa, from the gate to the clubhouse is some walk, but resourceful ako!

So much for the party, that's not our topic here. Let's go back to Microtel :)

I arrived about 5PM (more than an hour from NAIA T2) so I was checked-in and given this room...
Room 318 of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
I was alone yes, but this is the smallest/cheapest room, so I cannot complain - and I am used to this situation anyway hehe. They have rooms with just one bed, but those are more expensive, so ayaw ko!

I had time to do my usual "picture-this-picture-that" as I intended to show up at the party about 8PM.
Room 318 and amenities of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
But after those pics and more, I discovered I could not access their wifi. So I called front desk for help. Hep hep hep, hold your horses and tamaraws! You might be thinking that I am such an ignoramus on these things (like that frontdesk staff probably thought so hehe). But I have been using wifi for many years now, and this is the nth hotel I have stayed at, so I won't accept that am still jologs on this thing!

In fact, because I suspected that frontdesk girl was probably thinking "heto nanaman tayo, me isang taga bundok na tanders nangangarap kumunek sa wifi" or something like that.., I asked her to please send someone over and help by demonstrating to me, how to conenct. Eh hindi naman kahirapan ang username and password nila (ayun sa picture sa taas)! When that engineering guy came, I also called a housekeeping staff who was busy cleaning the next room, to join in trying to conenct. Para masaya!

Ayun, the verdict was... from Room 318 (above), I was asked to transfer to this... Room 324..!
Room 324 of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
So ano, "picture-this-picture-that" nanaman in the new room? Nah, I had to prepare for the party. And it is basically the same type or kind of room, on the same side of the building - facing Eastwood. In fact, I took this picture just this morning na (kaya ang kalat na), while I prepared to go down for breakfast!

Oh did I say breakfast? Well, this is their buffet breakfast...
Buffet Breakfast at Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
Those are: fried bangus (daing na bangus?), fried longganisa, scrambled egg, french fries, garlic fried rice and siomai from right to left! I know, for many Pinoys, it is nothing much. Even weird, says one of my brods hahaha! Oo nga 'no?! Where do "French Fries" fit here? French fries and Longganisa or Fries and Bangus?! Oh, the breads, coffee and juice(singular) are on the other side of this area (to the left).

I am not a breakfast guy anyway, so nothing here hurts me. But I know that Microtel is not trying to be your luxurious, grand staycation five star. Their hotels are more for working business folks on the go.

A business hotel? You could say that, since they're not a fancy cutie boutique hotel with so many art abubots here and there. Just a clean well provided accommodation for the working class executives and the likes, I guess. Something that has what you need as a business person conducting business.

Example: you need hot or cold water and/or ice? Go to the pantry-like corner of your floor to get them!
Water Dispenser and Ice Making Machine in every floor of Microtel Acropolis in Eastwood Quezon City
There they are, the water dispenser and the ice-making-machine! Get them yourself, they're free! No need to call the hotel staff and wait for your water or ice to be delivered in fancy art-deco containers!

Okay, I may have other things to say below (soon?), I'll do it probably in the next few days.

But for my needs and my circumstance/s, for now, I'd say, this was a good find!

Post a Comment

0 Comments