Mikomiko Resort

In an earlier post, I said "I will see you later" when we passed by this place going to Rawis Laoang. So, after that uneventful ride back from Rawis, here I was to fulfill my promise, to see this place! Curious.

Mikomiko Resort, Mondragon, Northern Samar, Philippines! Yehey!

You see this to your left when approaching the little native hut that says "reception"...
a "posterity corner" for photo-ops on the grounds of Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
At first glance, I thought this was a poolside shower hehe! But, no it is not! Look closely, there is no shower. This is some kind of a posterity corner for those of us who are fond of taking pictures! Much like an "event wall", reason why the resort's name is somewhere near the top of those bamboo poles!

From the above corner, you see this... the café, cum restaurant, cum information desk, etc., etc!
a big native hut style, the cafe at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Would probably be more memorable if that corner above had this gigantic nipa hut as background!

Oh the café has its own identity - The Blucharm Café. The reception hut is below this, to the right...
Blucharm Cafe signboard at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
But this technically becomes the entrance to the resort as this wall and signage faces the gate and parking area. Plus, on lean days (like today), reception folks are always in the café instead of their hut!

I had Coke, but my driver said this thing is delicious. Dinugtungan pa ng... "lasang gatas" hahaha!
mango shake on a table with the sea as background at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
So I can't judge how that mango shake tastes. I was more on ultra-drawn to the fantastic views even from this table inside the café. I could see the vast sky, the blue sea and the sand down at the beach.

Look! Even the tables behind us also had the same unobstructed view of the sky and the sea!
interior view with customers and crew at Blucharm Cafe inside Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Oh, btw, you see that big black wall behind the gentleman? It's a big wide TV. An LED screen (I think).

This is how the café (and bar) looks from its end near the pool (see second picture above)...
interior view of Blucharm Cafe at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
We sat at the left-most edge (also the edge of this photo) near that standing crew member at left.

After snacks (and nice big-screen MTV), I visited the poolside for a better view of the infinite blue...
sundeck with a view of the beach and the Pacific Ocean at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Ah grand afternoon views... just grand! That should already be the start of the vast Pacific Ocean!

To my left, although facing the sun and not good for the camera lens, the view was still great...
view of the Pacific Ocean, an island and the resort's Beach Cabanas at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
That distant land mass is Hirapsan Island. And the cute cabanas down on the sand are of Mikomiko!

I did see some folks strolling on the sand... amid the afternoon sun... Very nice!
people strolling by the beach at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
The beach is not subdivided like at San Antonio or Mactan. It's open to anyone - that's the law anyway.

A "real" infinity pool view. A fantastic spread of blues... Wouldn't you like to be in the middle of it all?
infinity view at the infinity pool of Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Hah, all this for just me myself and I! Well okay, driver was around. He was my photographer anyway!

Look, it's a luxurious poolside, you'd probably believe if someone told you this is south of France...
view of the infinity pool with the pacific ocean as background at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Well, no need to go halfway around the globe. South of Luzon lang ito, northern tip of Samar Island!

I could imagine, this poolside can even be an extravagant-looking party venue. Wowness, right?!
another view of the infinity pool at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
This is a wide clean and clear tiled space, all the way to that posterity corner (second picture above)!

So we checked-in. Along with the room keys, they give us each a SmartBro Pocket Wifi!

This was my room. Room 1 of only 4! It looks like nothing grand from the outside, right? Simple lang.
exterior view of Villa #1 at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
You can see on the right is the path to the other three rooms. Each room is a whole "villa" or cottage.

My bed.
bed of Villa #1 at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Big enough. I think that is a queen size. And did you notice it's covered with plastic? Well protected!

Separate shower stall (with a modern bathtub!) from the toilet. Magaling!
collage photos of the shower stall, coffee amenities and fridge at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Free coffee amenities and a fridge. Pwede!

Toiletries good for two!
toiletry amenities at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
I did wonder why each person might need two facetowels in a day. Apat yan eh, so two each, di ba?!

That's Ms. Housekeeping removing the plastic covers from everything!
interior view of Villa #1 and a housekeeping staff at work at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Note that wall to her left is partly glass from floor to ceiling (covered by the yellowish curtain), while the entire wall and entrance from front of her (not seen in photo) up to my right as I took this pic, is all glass also covered with the same kind of curtain. Thus, room is always bright even without lights on.

Just another view of the plastic-wrapped bed hehehe!
another view of the bed at Villa #1 in Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
I was amused as this was the first time I saw beds covered with plastic. Come to think of it, nice idea, right? Especially for me who is most often out and roaming. I should "wrap" my bed while I'm away!

And... to be honest... this was my favorite part of the room, which, is technically not part of my room!
balcony of Villa #1 at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
They call this the "villa balcony"! And especially that I was Villa #1, I had a grand view of the sea!

Which is this... the opposide side of my "villa balcony"... while I was seated (see above)
view of the beach, the blue sea and sky from the balcony of Villa #1 in Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Hey even if the plants and shrubberries are tall, I could still see the sandy beach below!

Look, I could see all the cabanas down at the beach, while standing on my balcony...
view of the Beach Cabanas and the sea at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
By the way, look in the lower-middle part of this picture. That's the pathway to the bridge and the pool.

This is the bridge, and it also has fantastic views of the sea and the beach...
the bridgeway from the villas to the infinity pool and cafe at Mikomiko Resort in Mondragon Northern Samar
Art, as in "arte lang yan"! There's no water below. It's some kind of a garden and kids' fun play area!

If you want to hie away from your turbulent world... luxuriously... in style... this is the place!

Post a Comment

0 Comments