Lavezares Town Center

Just 8 or so minutes drive from Allen, here I was entering the town center of Lavezares...
corner near the municipal hall entering the town center of Lavezares Northern Samar
This is that famous corner I mentioned yesterday. Where some of the big old houses are.

First to see, the municipal hall, which is just a few meters from that corner above...
close-up shot of the municipal building identifier at Lavezares Northern Samar
Jose Rizal looks like his usual face. Or does it? Well, it's unlike Bontoc or Saint Bernard!

It's a bit of a challenge trying to capture a full frontal shot of this munisipyo...
highway view of the front of the municipal hall of Lavezares Northern Samar
It's right by the side of a busy narrow highway with many vehicles passing every second!

It's small, but bigger than that of Allen. Plus, there's a big newer building to the left, after that blue colored police station. A plaza / park is behind all these, just before the church.

So I went there!

The church over at the end of this little street. On the right is that big newer building.
street amidst municipal buildings going straight to the church of Lavezares Northern Samar
This fenced building at left is the town's health center, fire station and other buildings.

Nuestra Señora De Salvacion (Our Lady of Salvation) Parish Church of Lavezares!
front view of the facade of Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
I asked a woman (who was cleaning the grounds) if this church was open. She pointed me to the left side door, so I passed there to enter. I noticed they're building things on both flanks of the façade. I again asked her what those are. And she said "kampanaryo".

The airy and bright view of the interiors as I leaned on the church's closed main door..,
interior view of Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
Hey I noticed just now, those little angels (holy water font) on the sides look really cute!

Just like in the previous church (Allen), the altar here is also uncluttered. But brighter!
altar of Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
And/But if in Allen they have the image of a crucified Jesus without the cross, here it is "not" a crucified Jesus but leaning on a cross as if crucified. Nano ba ini mga padre ko?!


Oh, I liked this choir loft! It is not only bright up there, it's also well ventilated!
choir loft of Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
And that wall clock perched on a shelf has the correct time! Para han padi nga turaban!

Ah, this garden outside the church I really liked - though I don't know what it really is!
religious garden outside of Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
I know the grotto of Mama Mary on the far right. That is common. But I don't know what that "cage" on the left is for. I did not dare go up those blue balusters. Makulong pa ako!

This one got me awestruck for some moments! Not for the symbolism but the size!
bigger than life-size sculptural mural of "The Last Supper" outside Nuestra Señora De Salvacion Parish Church in Lavezares Northern Samar
This is the last supper, I know that. The figures are also realistic, I appreciate that. But for the size, OMG, he who made this must be a master worthy of a 'monumental' recognition.

Just how big are they? Well, they're more than life size! Aw ambot if people in those days were this big! I am 6'00" tall, six-footer as they say. I went beside St. Bartholomew (alam nyo ba saan yan?). At that seated position, he is still about 2 or 3 inches taller than me!

Okay, still at the this church compound, I saw that seemingly aged wall structure...
Could it be historic or something with historical significance? There was no one to ask :(

So I moved on, out of this church compound for a peep at the wharf. Yep, I told myself, if I can't go to Biri this time, let me at least just look at the pier where boats depart from.

I was here earlier. Took the munisipyo photo from that sidewalk on the right...
highway in front of the municipal hall of Lavezares Northern Samar
This time we're turning right at that zebra line (PedXing) in front of the motorbike...

To this... the way to the town's public market and pier...
street going to the pier and wet market of Lavezares Northern Samar
Even the stores to the right (the whole building actually) are already part of the public market area. Their 'commercial district'! While these buildings at left are warehouses.

Some of those boats go to Biri Island...
boats at the wharf of Lavezares Northern Samar
And.., because I stood on this spot for a considerable while, an employee of the local government (tourism?) approached me and intimated that if I am going to Biri, it is better to park the car inside the municipal hall compound. I said "okay, next time".

Oh my! Why was I all of a sudden feeling glum, looking far at the horizon? Eh kasi, first and last time I have been to that island was... 36 shots pa ang camera! Sa uncle ko pa!

Anyway, that area there is the wet market of Lavezares...
pier and wet market of Lavezares Northern Samar
The same municipal employee (who did not scram yet hehe) also told me that it is best to get meats (chicken, pork or beef) here as there are few at Biri - but lots of fresh fish.

Oh well, with one last deep breath, I left and moved onwards with this joyride!

Post a Comment

0 Comments