Rosario (Northern Samar) Town Center

entry to Rosario town proper from the western fork intersection coming from Allen
Just some 10mins from Lavezares, we reached this welcome signage into Rosario. This is the Y-junction entering from the west side of town. What I saw yesterday was east side.

And we went straight to see this... Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church...
façade of the Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church in Rosario Northern Samar
I was ogling at it, feeling something was not quite right, when driver said "eschapeyk"!

So I went to his vantage point, to see what he was disagreeing with, and I saw this...
another view of the unfinished façade of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church in Rosario Northern Samar
I understood what he meant - the front is really just a (the other meaning of) façade!

To appease "both of us" I tried explaining that "maybe that is how they build nowadays", to which driver answered with "aw asya na, manipis, madali maruba, eschapeyk, made in china, taiwanese"! We controlled our laughter apprehensive other people might hear us!

We walked to the other side as we could see there were more scaffoldings there...
side view of the still being constructed Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church in Rosario Northern Samar
Look! The façade looks thick on this side! So ganun pala yun? It's just a hollow structure of thin cement? My gaash! I mean I'm not an engineer, but, is that a building standard?!

We entered the church and could not help but be apprehensive about those posts!
interior view of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church in Rosario Northern Samar
Who knows, they could/might also be "hollow" just like the façade! And come to think of it, this time I said "good" that I cannot to go any further hehe! Not clear in this picture, but there was ongoing activity (meeting?). Look, there's someone standing at the lectern.

So I walked to their Municipal Hall which is just on the side of this church...
view of the municipal hall and plaza from the Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish Church in Rosario Northern Samar
Hey I noticed, the ground here is red! Very red when muddy wet. My shoes got smeared red even if I thought I 'carefully' walked around this church construction! Atrevida kasi!

Must be a laundry headache for mothers with playful children, 'no?

Anyway, here's a closer look at their (also newly constructed) Municipal Building...
front view of Rosario Municipal Hall
The writings say "Munisipyo San Bungto San Rosario, Norte San Samar". And that means "Municipal Hall of the Town of Rosario, Northern Samar"! It may just look small on this front view, but this is a big building all the way to the back. It is a wide sprawling block!

I did wonder if those gray slabs on both sides of the façade are also "hollow" - just like at the church behind where I stood to take that picture! Whatever, huwag sana 'rumuspak'!

Alright, done visiting the town center of Rosario, we proceeded towards San Jose via the Y-junction with the highway on the eastern outskirts of town. Just beside the cemetery.

I saw something and immediately told the driver "please go back, teka, atras na lang"!

I was curious and wanted to read that. No, not the road sign, we saw that yesterday!
welcome signage ner the cemetery at Rosario Northern Samar
I meant the tarpaulins on that blue roofed grave house. There's even a Philippine Flag.

So this is the one... my hunch was right... the tarps indicated something significant...
grave house of PO2 Rodel Ramacula at the cemetery of Rosario Northern Samar
He is one of the #SAF44 fallen victims. I heard six of them were from Eastern Visayas.

So this is the grave of PO2 Rodel Eva Ramacula of Rosario Northern Samar...
tarpaulin dedication in memory of PO2 Rodel E. Ramacula (#SAF44) at the cemetery in Rosario Northern Samar
#SAF44 may their souls rest in peace, and may they be forever remembered by Filipinos.

Well, what a way to end my visit to Rosario, Northern Samar - I learned and saw that one of them hails from this place. At least I remembered to offer a prayer for all of #SAF44.

Let's go to San Jose, next!

Post a Comment

0 Comments