Random Sights & Scenes 19, Cebu

Cebu's Original Lechon Belly

1455H 01JUN2014, Parkmall, Mandaue.
Old habits never die hehehe! I was at Parkmall. Therefore? Aw, I passed by this:
Oh yes, that original boneless lechon belly, na nagpapainit ng ulo ng lahat ng doktor ko. Yumminess e, unsaon na lang! I'm always away anyway, so pagbigyan ang hilig!

The tricky part about eating at this place (it is actually an external hallway of the mall) is: you're not given utensils, just plastic gloves. It's kinamot style (Tagalog: kamayan).

Also called binisaya or pungko-pungko style.

So? Aw, if you're one who likes to take pictures, you will conveniently or comfortably do it only before/after eating. Otherwise, you'll smother your camera with lechon oil!

Big K Department Store

1613H 01JUN2014, Parkmall, Mandaue.
I've been inside this store countless times, but learned of it's name only today hehe!
This is that "everything-you-need-is-here" store, at the 2nd level of Parkmall, about the same floor area as SaveMore which is directly below it at the mall's southeast wing.

I was butingtinging that 'glass candelabra' as it looked like the one that a Catbalogan friend asked me to buy (kasama noong mga lampara na pinuntahan ko pa sa Danao).

Looking at that (Big K) card attached to the candelabra, I asked the saleslady "Miss, sa Pilipinas ba ang brand na ito?" She smiled saying "sir oi, maona ang name sa store".

Interrogation time pa more, she told me that Big K means KaKing, and this is mismo KaKing Department Store, their 8th store, and a sister to all KaKing Shopping Centers.

Also their first inside a mall daw. Ok noted!

Empe Light Lime?

2034H 01JUN2014, SM City, Consolacion.
My roaming day ended at SM Lacion. Buying cigarettes, I saw these ahead of me:
There were 3 of them (college boys, I guessed) about to pay for those. Ang pumasok sa isip ko: "on a Sunday evening"? Well, maybe they don't have classes pag Mondays.

Hmm, I have once seen a group drinking the standard Emperador (40% ABV), mixed with that lime mixer. Theirs is Empe Light (27% ABV) - still stronger than Red Horse!

I don't dream of tasting that, but I do wonder how brandy + lime juice (plus ice?) mix together for our taste buds and stomachs? Cocktail ba yan? Parang ang asim yata?!

Whatever, walang basagan ng trip.

SML pa rin "lang" ako!

City Time Square

1120H 02JUN2014, Mantawi Drive, Mandaue.
Something new to me, since I don't really know when this place officially opened. At least I suspect, around the early part of this year (2014). Today, I visited by accident.
At 11:20AM there was a long line for 'dine-in' and 'takeout' orders, plus there was no comfortable space for 'solo diners' at Cebu's Original Lechon Belly (Parkmall branch).

Maaga pa naman, so I asked where their nearest branch would be. Ito ang inginuso nung cashier with an encouraging aircon pa gyud among branch diha sir, labang lang!

That means "just cross the road".

Aba eh, masunurin akong bata, so labang kung labang - malasap lang ang masarap na lechon belly that I craved for, the last time of which was... kahapon ng hapon Da!

And that's how I got to this new mall/arcade called City Time Square. O di ba?!
And that is the makabagbag-damdaming salaysay of how I got to see this new place!

What do I think of this new place? Well, not so many people (yet), considering that it is only about half a year old (or even younger?) - and I came on a very hot noontime.

Looking around at the already existing locators though, I think this place would be a bit more 'alive' afternoons until the wee hours. Parang restaurants, bars, clubs thing.

Pero me 7 Eleven at me Lechon Belly! Yes tara, puntahan natin ang lechon na yan!

Lechon Belly @ City Time Square

1134H 02JUN2014, Mantawi Drive, Mandaue.
Yes this was it! Ito na yun inginuso ng cashier dun sa original kiosk nila sa Parkmall, only few steps across the road. Labang ra gyud! A comfy, air-conditioned restaurant.

Walang tao!

Wait, time sa, teka lang, anay daw, dali lang gid... walang tao on a noon time? While meanwhile samantalang ang haba ng pila doon sa Parkmall kiosk na mainit? Bakit?

Well, at first I was even almost cheering - because I was almost sure, people do not know yet about this branch which is literally just a few steps away from the original!

I noticed though, the lechon here wasn't as 'shiny juicy' as they are over at Parkmall. The obvious reason? Yung aircon! Nagse-sebo ang karne, dahil malamig ang lugar.

I saw that they have a microwave (or was that an electric grill/toaster), so I asked the staff to reheat my food - na mukhang nagbabalak pang umayaw sa request ko. Tse!

Well, ako pa?! Na get-by-the-look ko sila. Yes, pinanlisikan ko ng mata.

Verdict: I still prefer that kiosk at Parkmall!

Anyway...

Laag pa more! Hwag maging dayuhan..
#CentralVisayas #TravelPhilippines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard