I Slept With Our Lady, Baraan Ako!


And I didn't know until I woke up! Here here I took these pictures...
Our Lady of The Rosary of Manaoag Tour Vehicle

The story: I had some things to attend-to in Catbalogan, and I had to sleep there overnight - as usual, at Hotel San Francisco - proceeding to Calbayog the following day for other more 'things to attend-to'.

Early in the morning, upon waking up, I went down to the entrance area where there is their smoking corner. Of course I noticed one of the parked vehicles had a "weird looking" glass-canopy at the back.

The 'atrevida' me went near to 'investigate' heheh. Hmm, there were writings on the doors and it said "Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag" (Manaoag Pangasinan). And I told my self "ang layo naman, what are they doing here, and what is that cage for"? Just in time, a burly man (the driver?) approached me.

He immediately said "wala pa po dyan sir, nasa taas pa". I asked "ang alin". He didn't (couldn't) answer me because some other people also came to talk to him. They were discussing their travel route plan.

My driver also came, we talked, had breakfast, discussed our own route (to Calbayog), the lobby came abuzz with many people talking, coming-and-going, and I forgot about that weird vehicle contraption!

Later, on our drive to Calbayog, I discussed the "Manaoag" vehicle with my driver, and he told me that that's where the 'rebulto' is placed as they tour the country - with Catbalogan being one of the stops.

I told my driver, that the driver of that vehicle told me "nasa taas pa". Then his eyes grew wide, saying something like "so she slept with us"? Cofused, I asked "hin-o"? He said "an Our Lady of the Rosary".

And my driver went on 'hallucinating' saying "baraan ka sir, kinmaturog ka harani kan Santo Rosario". I asked where their rooms were, driver said just across his and mine, thus the 'our lady' was "with us"!

He added 'asya gad na maupay an akon katurog kagab-i'! I wanted to say that it might have just been the priests and drivers that slept in the hotel, while the rebulto was kept overnight at the Our Lady of the Rosary church in Ubanon District. But I wasn't sure, so I let everything be - it doesn't hurt anyone!

And we continued our jolly journey to Calbayog. Nga baraan ako!

Post a Comment

0 Comments