Tacloban Street Puppies


I happened by the Gaisano Capital Mall along Justice Romualdez St. (across SaveMore) and saw this...
puppies for sale in front of Gaisano Capital in Tacloban
Cute, but I don't think that is how puppies are sold nowadays. I can't say it is illegal (I don't know the laws about pet sales). This scene just reminded me of a similar "pet peddling" in Cebu way back 2010.

If I may compare this one to the Cebu scene, ah there was only that cage with two puppies, while back in Cebu there were so many of them! These are not the 'fancy breeds' but are cute enough as puppies.

It appeared to me that the manong selling puppies is an "incidental vendor" - meaning he sells them because they are "extra" as his dog gave birth to many. I'm not too sure I want to believe him hehe. In the Cebu street scene, vendors there told me they really breed dogs to be sold. Whatever, howsoever, all puppies are cute. I just can't have any because of my lifestyle - they'll die of hunger when I travel!

Hey I also asked the manong, 'if not here, where else are puppies sold'. He said 'didto ha merkado'! I was at first alarmed, but he clarified "not in the meat section" hahaha! Just along the sidewalks too!

Oh well... oh puppy!

Post a Comment

0 Comments